Thread: First Aid Kits

Default First Aid Kits

Had an incident at my place while tensioning a new woven wire fence. Realized that my first aid kit i thought was in the truck no longer existed and I didn't have one anywhere on the property. Luckily it was superficial and mostly just a skin tear, but the amount of blood was staggering.

With that being said I am putting together a few. Other than the basic necessities (gauze, tape, gloves, etc) and a tourniquet, is there anything else you can recommend that I need in there that I may be overlooking? Is there anywhere that sells a pretty good complete kit that you recommend or just amazon it?

This is what I keep in our boats and cars. I also have smaller boo-boo kits around for minor stuff. I keep specific meds in these kits for individual family members as well ie. Zofran, Albuterol, epinephrine, etc.

IMG_4116.jpgIMG_4115.jpgIMG_4114.jpgIMG_4113.jpgIMG_4112.jpg

Bitesize has got it nailed down pretty good. Even gave me a couple ideas to add to mine. Those steri-strips and vet wrap have come in handy for me a few times. I keep a tube of EMT gel and some hemostats, too.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Rubber gloves, Paramedic scissors, good tweezers, eye wash kit, instant cold pack, plastic finger splint (maybe a few sizes if kids are around), tape, pair of spare reading glasses if can’t see as good anymore.

Bite size has it going but in addition Eye wash, antiseptic spray, hydrogen peroxide, some thick absorbent pads for wound compression to help stop bleeding and CPR breather barrier
    Last edited by centurian; 02-09-2024 at 02:07 PM.

This one is also in hunting truck for trauma

IMG_4118.jpgIMG_4117.jpg

Do you include quick clot in your kit?
    been considering that

Yes- combat gauze in all of them.
    Last edited by bitesize; 02-09-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Perfect timing. Been delaying on putting mine together. Will refernce this.

Going to add CrikeKit and Thoracostomy needle (after training)
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Perfect timing. Been delaying on putting mine together. Will refernce this.

Going to add CrikeKit and Thoracostomy needle (after training)
    I’ve got a few things I’m not comfortable using but was told you never know who you will be with and what their capabilities are- better to have the equipment than not, in extreme cases. Hopefully I’m never in a scenario where I’m having to treat Tension pneumothorax.

100%
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

In my work truck I have the milwaukee kit that is in a pack out box. I added a few things to it and also carry a trauma kit that I switch between vehicles with tourniquet, compression bandages and wound packing

Electrical tape..(black tape) and a roll of shop towels.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Electrical tape..(black tape) and a roll of shop towels.
    Saved my life at least two dozen times.

Most of the Amazon kits are just a false sense of security.

This probably a better link than the one above. This is sorted by medical kits, but you can pick/sort from everyday kits, triage, boating etc.

https://www.narescue.com/all-products/medical-kits.html
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 02-10-2024 at 08:51 AM.