Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QDMA Soy BEANS/CORN!!!!!!!!!

Default QDMA Soy BEANS/CORN!!!!!!!!!

I know it is NDA now, but we only have a few days to get the orders in. You should receive a email this afternoon. Here is the email:

I’m writing to let you know about an exciting opportunity for NDA members to purchase corn and soybean food plot seed. Through a national program we’re able to acquire out-of-date seed and provide it to our members at extremely reduced prices. The germination rate will likely be less than 100 percent, but still very good relative to cost of the seed. It’s important to note the seed can’t be sold for profit, traded or bartered, it has to remain standing for wildlife use, and it can’t be fed directly to livestock or wildlife as it is treated.

The Florence County Branch is taking orders for glyphosate-resistant corn and glyphosate-resistant soybeans. The corn will be most likely be 90-110 day varieties and the soybeans a blend of early to mid-maturity. We will not know for sure until the seed ships, but those varieties are what is most likely to be available. Both are sold in 50-lb bags and the cost is $25/bag. The seed is expected to ship in late March to mid-April. Please note that NDA has no control over the actual ship date. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the seed suppliers and shipping companies. However, in past years we have received the seed in time for spring planting dates. All orders can be picked at:

1716 Francis Marion Road
    Florence, SC 29506

If you are interested, place your order by February 12 at the link below. If you have any questions, contact Devlin Curl at 843.601.1903 or devlincurl@hotmail.com

Respectfully,

Devlin Curl

https://deerassociation.com/event/72072/
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Where do you pick seed up at when it arrives

his house.
    show up any time
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just a friendly house keeping matter. DNR is not affiliated with NDA. You can not buy any seed through DNR. You can not pick seeds up from DNR.

If you attempt to purchase from DNR they will call me. So save your self a trip and just call me or if your a NDA members you should have received a email yesterday. It has a hotlink at the bottom that will lead you too a page you are able to purchase the seed from.

As tooth pointed out the the pick up local is noted I do not know when the seeds will actually show up.

Once they do I will let everyone know and we will set up times to pick the seeds up.

The seeds are not at the local they will not be there on Feb 12 so do not attempt to show up on the 12th.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

I’d be interested in a bag of corn, but I’m located in Anderson.

Are there any guys in the upstate that usually place an order? I’d chip in if for gas someone was willing to pick up a bag for me.

There should be a Columbia drop off if we get enough. We have to have 400 bags per pallet or no go. I'm worried it isn't gonna go this year as late as they started. 1 week isn't enough time to get the word out. Normally we have close to a month.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

See you on the 12th for my seed. Thanks
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

That is what happened last year with 3 different people. 1 man was insistent he was supposed to pick them up on the day the order closed. He showed up, the other 2 called. 2 guys called the Columbia local. We had to get a email sent out explaining the beans were not in yet.

I'm fairly sure the guy who went to DNR yesterday that prompted me to put that up earlier is the same guy who showed up in person last year on the day of the end of ordering.

He kept asking the lady at DNR if it was a scam??? The poor lady I felt so bad for her. She had to tell the man she didn't know anything about any beans DNR was selling. Finally I just said put me on the phone. He said he got this email and he wanted to be sure it wasn't a scam. I politely asked if anywhere on that email did it say anything about DNR. He just said he wanted to be sure it was legit. I told him to call the NDA number instead of DNR, being DNR didn't have anything to do with this. I could tell the lady was completely frustrated with the man.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Same puck up location as last year?

columbia pick up is on shop road at mcwaters

even for anyone with "quack" in their user name
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 02-08-2024 at 05:12 PM.

I want to order some but if only a Florence pick up ends up being the case, that would be really hard for me to make. If I knew we would have a Cola pickup id order them now
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

i am fairly certain you need to read my response above....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I think I am picking up what you are putting down, Ill order mine now

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    5 bags of corn and 4 bags of soybeans ordered. Just FYI I ordered under my "legal" name James Pinson

Blows my mind they haven't figured this out with the local chapters.

I just got a email letting me know we are supposed to get a bag count this afternoon, I don't think Columbia or Florence will make it this year. They waited to long to turn us loose to advertise.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I just got a email letting me know we are supposed to get a bag count this afternoon, I don't think Columbia or Florence will make it this year. They waited to long to turn us loose to advertise.
    Did you get an email?

No
    I waited till this pm to answer

I wish I could do more than I can

I don’t know how much I wanna tie my self into this circus but what I want is to be sure I can confidently tell you or anyone else here is what will happen

I’m intertaining putting my self out more going forward.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    No
    I waited till this pm to answer

I wish I could do more than I can

I don’t know how much I wanna tie my self into this circus but what I want is to be sure I can confidently tell you or anyone else here is what will happen

I’m intertaining putting my self out more going forward.
    It’s all good man. If it doesn’t work out it’s no fault of yours. I appreciate the help

They got rid of the "new girl" that started just before last year. She was an issue.......they got a "new guy" he "really knows his stuff" according to everyone.

That being said last year we started much earlier, and while we had issues with the shipping company. She had us all the info we needed as we asked. At the end of each day and sometimes 2x we would get updates on how many bags were purchased and from which local. If we needed a email sent out with in a hour it was sent out. At the time I gave her hell, but sometimes you learn the grass isn't as green on the other side of the fence.

I'm going to chalk this year up to the "new guy" just starting and hope it goes well from now on.

Interestingly enough one of the complaints I had last year was my self and a gentleman from Columbia did much of the running down of the ordering process, and arranging shipping. Assuming those 2 parts haven't changed (We haven't had to do that this year) which has been nice but if it doesn't happen then maybe doing it was a better idea! If it hasn't changed much maybe we can help the "new guy" moving forward. Now he is gonna have to handle the email and update side or either give us more "moderator" power.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot