Thread: Murrells Inlet Boating - Question

Default Murrells Inlet Boating - Question

We're renting a house this summer in Murrells Inlet, its got a dock behind it and the beach is across the street out the front door.

Some questions Id love some guidance on:
    1) I would like to rent a pontoon boat to use while we're there. Do you know anyone that has a pontoon locally they'd rent me July 7-12? Happy to pay.
    2) Assuming we secure a boat, are there restaurants accessible via water? Recommendations?
    3) Also assuming we find a boat, Any suggestions/ coordinates on where we should take the kids in/near shore to catch fish?

Thanks in advance,

W
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

I'm pretty sure there is a boat taxi that will take you across to the boardwalk where all the restaurants are.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

You will be hard pressed to find a place to park over in MI by boat, Car is bad enough
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You will be hard pressed to find a place to park over in MI by boat, Car is bad enough
    This. Impossible. If there is a space, it is a private space that the owner is away and will be back soon. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

There are several boat rental companies in Murrels Inlet located on the docks behind the restaurants. Pontoons, skiffs, etc.

Book ahead of time and it shouldn't be a problem.

Don’t reccomended taking a pontoon in the ocean- stay inside the jetties

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    This! Pontoons belong on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    We're renting a house this summer in Murrells Inlet, its got a dock behind it and the beach is across the street out the front door.

Some questions Id love some guidance on:
    1) I would like to rent a pontoon boat to use while we're there. Do you know anyone that has a pontoon locally they'd rent me July 7-12? Happy to pay.
    2) Assuming we secure a boat, are there restaurants accessible via water? Recommendations?
    3) Also assuming we find a boat, Any suggestions/ coordinates on where we should take the kids in/near shore to catch fish?

Thanks in advance,

W
    I know you can rent them by the day in Murrel's Inlet, no idea if you can do it by the week. The last three years we've drug my brother's boat down and rented a slip at Marlin Quay. I wanna say it was around $400/$450 for the week?

You can absolutely go to dinner by boat. Plenty of options on the other side on the inlet.

I have no coordinates other than just cruise around the inlet and look. We are barely what I'd call fishermen and we've always managed to find some flounder, trout, and the occasional red. If that doesn't work you can always go to the jetties and fish for sharks with the kids.

We've been going to Garden City all my life so feel free to reach out if I can help with anything else. I know a lot of folks on here can probably give the same or better information.
    Last edited by BCR3; 02-06-2024 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I know of someone who took one to Vermillion and Comanche Reefs many, many years ago.

Secure the rental early. It’s probably going to be a POS, don’t expect much. MI is a shit show in the summer, prepare to be frustrated and PO’d at all the tourists (people driving a boat the first time and not being able to read markers or signs). Marshwalk is a crowded mess, very few common docks for you. Bitesize nailed it, stay in the jetties in a pontoon. If you want to fish, hire a guide in the inlet. A great place for comedic relief is the ramp from about 4:00-6:00.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Clean out your PMs.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Buncha qualified captains huh?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft