Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Toby Keith

I' m almost 100% sure he voted for Obama. He loved America, but some of his beliefs/convictions were skewed to the left.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 02-06-2024 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I' m almost 100% sure he voted for Obama. He loved America, but some of his beliefs/convictions were skewed to the left.
    Google calls bullshit on this. Post a link for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Google calls bullshit on this. Post a link for your comment.
    I couldn't find what I was looking for. I did find plenty that said he was a registered democrat up until 2008 when he became an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    First of all I refuse to dislike someone just because they may have different political views than I do however , folks are entitled to their own thoughts in our country . Correct me if I am wrong but he performed at DJT's inauguration or something if I am correct

He sent the Dixie Chicks packing when they trashed GWB from what I recall

Either way he was huge supporter of our troops and you could tell his blood ran Red/White & Blue to the core
    Last edited by tprice; 02-07-2024 at 10:10 AM.

He was a Democrat and liked Obama. He never said he voted or supported him. He also liked GW Busch. He also dropped the Democratic party and went Independent. The 3rd paragraph below is awesome. His whole Wiki profile is a great read.

"In 2004, Keith called himself "a conservative Democrat who is sometimes embarrassed for his party".[45] He endorsed the re-election of President George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election and performed at a Dallas, Texas, rally on the night before the election."

"In April 2008, Keith said that Barack Obama "looks like a great speaker and a great leader. And I think you can learn on your feet in there, so I don't hold people responsible for not having a whole bunch of political background in the House and Senate."[46] His remarks continued, "I think [John] McCain is a great option too." In August 2008, he called Obama "the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton"

"In October 2008, Keith told CMT that he had left the Democratic Party and he re-registered as an independent. "My party that I've been affiliated with all these years doesn't stand for anything that I stand for anymore," he said. "They've lost any sensibility that they had, and they've allowed all the kooks in. So I'm going independent." He also told CMT that he would likely vote for the Republican ticket, partially because of his admiration for Sarah Palin.[48]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Thanks for looking it up (I looked it up also) and posting it (I didn't post it since I was on my cellphone). Sort of like Journalism 101, know what you're talking about before posting, especially when the post is disparaging a recently deceased American Patriot.

Labhumper should make a note......

The man truly put “thank the troops” to the front of his career with almost 20 shows in the Middle East during the height of the war. Most of y’all are to scared to wear a uniform and wanna talk about the man’s political identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    The man truly put “thank the troops” to the front of his career with almost 20 shows in the Middle East during the height of the war. Most of y’all are to scared to wear a uniform and wanna talk about the man’s political identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wore the uniform.