I am sure this has been discussed… I have an otter pelt that I would like to Tan at home into a soft, pliable fur finished product. There are quite a few videos, methods, etc available online so it seems a bit confusing. I am happy to put time into doing it but do not want to spend a ton on products, have an excess of chemicals laying around or put a bunch of time into a pelt and end up ruining it. Thus far I have skinned the otter out and am ready for next steps. I will get a fleshing knife and have a fleshing board. The otter was given to me so I didn't really have time to plan ahead. I acquired the otter Sat night and put it in a refrigerator, cleaned the fur up with cold water and dried excess moisture on the fur. I then skinned it by cutting from rear feet to vent, and cut all along ventral midline of tail. I then rolled the fur from tail to head and separated it from the rest of the carcass. Once removed I loosely rolled it on itself fur side out and have it in a paper bag in a freezer until I get a gameplan and supplies.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk