Thread: Glutton for punishment

Default Glutton for punishment

Sadly my wirehair is starting to get older and will be turning 9 this May, and with my oldest kid getting older he has been beggin for a puppy, so I decided why not. This girl was originally reserved but the original buyer backed out, so the wife and I packed up the kids Saturday and drove from Cheyenne to Dickinson, North Dakota. It was an absolute beautiful trip and the puppy on the other end sure made the ride home fun. Everyone meet Dakota Sky’s Pudelpointers Annie Oakley.

The kids are excited, the old man of the house isn’t fan lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

OMG - the smiles on those kids are PRICELESS. Wishing a long and healthy life to your new friend.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Iron Point?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Iron Point?
    Negative. Dakota Sky’s

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

I’ve heard nothing but great things about that breed, congrats on the addition.

Yeah I guess that makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Watch out for the wind in Cheyenne, or the next you know the pup will blown into Nebraska. I had a small spaniel out there. She would chase the antelope on base daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro92 View Post
    Watch out for the wind in Cheyenne, or the next you know the pup will blown into Nebraska. I had a small spaniel out there. She would chase the antelope on base daily.

F.E. Warren traffic jam is still here. There’s a good herd that stays in my back yard

Pudelpointers are all the rage these days. Good looking pup
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Man I can tell those little ones love that pup!!! Every child should grow up with a hunting dog!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man I can tell those little ones love that pup!!! Every child should grow up with a hunting dog!
    AMEN!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Great breed

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    For sure. I joined the local NAVHDA so my son will be training with us. We already have an 9.5yr old GWP he’s a grumpy old man and isn’t a fan of the pup just yet