Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seafood around Mount Pleasant

Default Seafood around Mount Pleasant

Looking for Good seafood joint

TW Grahams in McV
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    TW Grahams in McV
    One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    TW Grahams in McV
    Yep.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

The wreck. Expensive though for what it is. Shem creek crab house is decent. 167 Raw just over the bridge downtown is the best.

Seewee restaurant in Awendaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Seewee restaurant in Awendaw
    This one used to be fantastic, but I haven't been in several years. I heard the old lady died...is that correct?

Cross some bridges and go to Cudaco on Folly Rd.

Hanks dt, Coda on IOP

TW Grahams. The rest are not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does it say about mount pleasant when people are telling you to drive 20-30min. Sad state.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Head to the panhandle of Florida. If in summerville go to the Lowcountry Fish Camp. Their brunch specials are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    This one used to be fantastic, but I haven't been in several years. I heard the old lady died...is that correct?
    My understanding is it got bought out and the new owner changed a bunch of things. Use to be some fine eating in that shack. All the tourists found it though and it’s hard to get a seat or service these days. Last time we were there we were seated 20-30 minutes and nobody had even taken our drink order, drove on back to TW’s, they were 10 minutes from closing but said we got you covered.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    What does it say about mount pleasant when people are telling you to drive 20-30min. Sad state.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Water's Edge on Shem has been good the last times we've eaten there. Red Drum Bistro is a little neighborhood favorite that doesn't do much advertising to get it's name out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I'm always hesitant to throw out names because the quality of restaurants usually fluctuates over time. And my very favorites are already too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm always hesitant to throw out names because the quality of restaurants usually fluctuates over time. And my very favorites are already too crowded.
    I hear you. Folks ask me, all the time, about the best place to eat in Murrells. I tell most of them to just take their pick cause it's all over-fried seafood in oil that should have been changed last week. Now, if you catch them a day, or 2, after an oil change, it'll be good.
    If you're not after fried seafood, I may be able to help.

Edit to say...Since Covid, it's a LOT harder to recommend a place cause there was so much staff turnover that places that were good before are not so good now. And, we eat out a lot less than before.
    Last edited by MKW; 02-04-2024 at 11:14 AM.

Nico’s (oysters), wood and grain oysters/octopus/tuna/pizza, coda del pesce (anything at all there) and Long Island cafe (grouper, crab dip) on IOP

Damn don’t tell them about wood and grain!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I hear you. Folks ask me, all the time, about the best place to eat in Murrells. I tell most of them to just take their pick cause it's all over-fried seafood in oil that should have been changed last week. Now, if you catch them a day, or 2, after an oil change, it'll be good.
    If you're not after fried seafood, I may be able to help.

Edit to say...Since Covid, it's a LOT harder to recommend a place cause there was so much staff turnover that places that were good before are not so good now. And, we eat out a lot less than before.
    Same, there aren't many places in MI or PI that I go anymore. Costa, Franks, Russells, Bistro 217 would be the ones I'd recommend, maybe Graham's Landing. For seafood, it comes off my boat or I head to Stormy's, Livingstons or Gtown Seafood for shrimp or other shellfish.