Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those Who EDC…

Default For Those Who EDC…

For those who carry daily,

Do you train with your carry piece? If so, how much range time are you getting a month? What type of training? How many rounds are you shooting and do you feel adequately prepared from 15 yards and in?

No judgement. Just curious. So no need to embellish. Honest injun answers, do you train so you can be prepared?

Zero.

I’ve shot my Glock maybe 100 times. At cans at the hunt club.

It sits in the truck 90% of the time, the other 10% when I’m going into a sketchy place. I don’t live in fear though.

I hardly carry any more but keep a hand gun in my vehicles …. I think I finished off a deer with one of those about 7 years ago, probably the last time I shot a hand gun.

When I worked at the gun store I trained for at least 30 minutes every shift. Since then, not so much. I don't carry daily. Typically if I'm out and about one stays in truck. That's about it. Ammo is too expensive to train... slightly kidding of course.

yes
    Probably just a few magazines/cylinders a month whenever the notion strikes, sometimes at the outdoor DNR range near the house,
    sometimes at a friends property, even on the side of a wooded remote dirt road.
    Mostly on different carry locations on my body, trying to determine where best access is for a real world instant decision access.
    IWB has always been my spot, don't laugh, but after a lot of situational things, I may go to ankle.
    Sitting in a restaurant booth, sitting in truck, etc.....it's right there. Also in the old days, I thought ankle holsters were not very functional.
    They'd slip and slide but lots of improvements now. Old school, usually an airweight snub nose .38 and it'll eat the center out of a paper plate at 10 yards
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-27-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Probably a couple hundred rounds a month. I usually start at 15 yards and work out to 50 on a 10" steel plate.

Yeah I dry fire a couple hundred times a month with this Kimber .45. I probably only fire 100 live rounds through it a month.

I probably shoot 500 rounds a month of 22LR just for trigger practiceIMG_6785.jpg
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    Yeah I dry fire a couple hundred times a month with this Kimber .45. I probably only fire 100 live rounds through it a month.

I probably shoot 500 rounds a month of 22LR just for trigger practiceIMG_6785.jpg
    Off topic but did Kimber come drilled and tapped for that RMR?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I shot my 9mm 5 times out at Limbo 2 years ago. I could start a youtube channel...

PD
    Yes. I got it from Bud's about 4 years ago. Came with the Red Dot. Fastest auto I have ever shot and the dot is just stupid easy to shoot.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    PD
    Yes. I got it from Bud's about 4 years ago. Came with the Red Dot. Fastest auto I have ever shot and the dot is just stupid easy to shoot.
    I have 4 Kimber 1911s
    The finest pistols I have ever owned. Smooth as butter, 100% reliable and stupid accurate

I carry daily but do not shoot nearly enough.

I really need to do better because I really enjoy shooting my lil piece
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Yes.

Normally make it to the range 3-4x/month.

Practice normally consists of 35 rounds drawing from surrender position, double tap at 3,7,10,15, and 25 yds first thing once I get to the range. A "Get off of me" draw and fire at 3 yds is completely different than a thoracic shot at 10.

I'll shoot whatever other handguns I have for the day and finish off with the last 15 rounds in the carry gun. I shoot alot of revolvers and 1911 and I always want to re-familiarize myself with the double action or striker fired trigger.

Probably a bit excessive, but it doesn't hurt that I drive right by my range 15-20x a month.

I don't always carry but still feel the need to get comfortable with my occasional carry gun. I haven't fully recovered from the sticker shock of the ammo shortage days and just have a hard time burning ammo these days. I find myself practicing with a .22 pistol instead of my real carry gun. To make it worse, my carry guns mostly have dot scopes and my .22s only have irons. I wish S&W would offer their M&P22 in a version with a factory slide cut so I could shoot a gun that closely resembles my Shield. I can't understand why any company offers pistols without slide cuts nowadays.

I doubt I'll ever buy another pistol that won't accept a micro dot scope without a rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I don't always carry but still feel the need to get comfortable with my occasional carry gun. I haven't fully recovered from the sticker shock of the ammo shortage days and just have a hard time burning ammo these days. I find myself practicing with a .22 pistol instead of my real carry gun. To make it worse, my carry guns mostly have dot scopes and my .22s only have irons. I wish S&W would offer their M&P22 in a version with a factory slide cut so I could shoot a gun that closely resembles my Shield. I can't understand why any company offers pistols without slide cuts nowadays.

I doubt I'll ever buy another pistol that won't accept a micro dot scope without a rail.
    They make a rail for most all applications
    Some attach to your rear dovetail IMG_6787.jpg
    Will Rogers

I do krav Maga and lift regularly. I shoot once a month or so, but I only carry in the car and try to avoid sketchy places.

I don't care for the excessive height above the bore when a rail, or even adapter plate, is used. I also prefer not to have to use a "suppressor height" front blade for co-witness irons. A giant snaggy sight blade on the front of a defense gun just seems like a bad idea to me.

I like a dot scope that sits very low with co-witness, regular height irons. It takes lot of practice to get to the point that I don't need to use the irons to get in the ballpark to find the dot, especially if I switch around shooting different pistols with different grip angles.

I carry daily. Train with draws weekly. Rounds down range across the different carry platforms monthly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

We talking about practice?

I’m all about live action practice
    Windows Down!

Stay strapped or get clapped
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...