Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beef Share

Default Beef Share

Looking for a 1/4 or 1/2 beef share. Willing to drive for good meat at a decent price. I wasn’t impressed with cordrey’s options. Where y’all getting your beef from? I’m fed up with grocery store beef and its quality to price point…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this isn’t a violation, PM Southernduck

Call Joe at Neverdun Farms in Sumter
    https://www.neverdunfarms.com/contact-1

Impressive operation and meat is extremely high quality. He offers lots of cuts and options.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Following this thread. Would like to support a local family operation.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

If cows consisted of nothing but ribeyes and ground chuck I'd be a little more interested.. I've bought a cow before.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If cows consisted of nothing but ribeyes and ground chuck I'd be a little more interested.. I've bought a cow before.
    I am disappointed that a man of your culinary skill feels this way. Unfortunately there are only 18-22 Ribeye steaks (if properly cut) in a whole animal but there are tons of other delicious cuts.
    cut\'em

Not sure if anyone will get this, but this thread reminds me of the saying "Call the man"..... that I use frequently when the wife tries to buy in bulk to save a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I am disappointed that a man of your culinary skill feels this way. Unfortunately there are only 18-22 Ribeye steaks (if properly cut) in a whole animal but there are tons of other delicious cuts.
    I don't mind a hanger, only eat tenderloins when I'm forced to. I'd rather eat a burger then a new york strip.. I do like short ribs though, and every so often will do a brisket. I've got a guy bringing me some bags of them cut because for some reason his clients aren't crazy about them. As for I'm not negative about them, rounds or even care for a flank.. I'm just not messing with stews and shit like that.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-18-2024 at 08:42 AM.

Pretty sure the Hemingway Locker Plant partnered with a local farmer a couple of years ago to offer quarter, half, and whole cows. I can’t speak of the quality because I’ve never had any of their beef, but it may be worth a try. Not a bad drive from Awendaw.

Palmetto Fresh Meat in Aynor. Good folks and good meat.

https://www.palmettofreshmeat.com/contact-us

I don't mind a hanger, only eat tenderloins when I'm forced to. I'd rather eat a burger then a new york strip.. I do like short ribs though, and every so often will do a brisket. I've got a guy bringing me some bags of them cut because for some reason his clients aren't crazy about them. As for I'm not negative about them, rounds or even care for a flank.. I'm just not messing with stews and shit like that.
    I don't mess with stews either but if you can make it out of ground we eat it. I love a strip and have become partial to a sirloin steak. What are you doing with short ribs?

We eat a lot of beef so I am always open to a new idea. I take all of my heads to a Mexican family that works for some family and they usually show up a day or two later with a plate of cabeza and home made tortillas, it is like gold.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Call Joe at Neverdun Farms in Sumter
    https://www.neverdunfarms.com/contact-1

Impressive operation and meat is extremely high quality. He offers lots of cuts and options.
    That's more like what I'm looking for. Thank you sir. I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    Not sure if anyone will get this, but this thread reminds me of the saying "Call the man"..... that I use frequently when the wife tries to buy in bulk to save a buck.
    For the record...I got the Andy Griffith reference.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

https://yonfamilyfarms.com/beef-sales/
    Ridge Spring
    Good Family

Great family and great beef

https://satterfieldcattleco.com/
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I don't mess with stews either but if you can make it out of ground we eat it. I love a strip and have become partial to a sirloin steak. What are you doing with short ribs?

We eat a lot of beef so I am always open to a new idea. I take all of my heads to a Mexican family that works for some family and they usually show up a day or two later with a plate of cabeza and home made tortillas, it is like gold.
    Mirepoix, garlic, bottle of red, a stock, and then at least 3 hours in a cast iron dutch.. I like it thrown over penne, after you pull it off, with a solid spoon or two of mascarpone. If not over some mashed potatoes, maybe my grits..

I might eat a ribeye twice a week, I've just grown accustomed to them over the years, and to me there's nothing better then the fat off a ribeye

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Palmetto Fresh Meat in Aynor. Good folks and good meat.

https://www.palmettofreshmeat.com/contact-us
    Good people there.

Nobles Beef & Livestock is another good one. I think they have beef shares in Aynor and Sumter now.

I might eat a ribeye twice a week, I've just grown accustomed to them over the years, and to me there's nothing better then the fat off a ribeye
    Agreed. I'll grab a chuck eye steak before I pick up a New York strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    For the record...I got the Andy Griffith reference.

Yep, that is a funny episode