Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game cameras?

Default Game cameras?

Cellular or not? Best brand to buy or to avoid.
    Thanks
    Bone
    Last edited by HERRINGBONE; 01-16-2024 at 01:10 PM.
    Bone....

Cellular, and I’ve had a great experience for the last year with the Moultrie Edge cameras.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Moultrie Edge has suited me. I’m not quite sold on the rechargeable lithium battery yet. It’s $70 but doesn’t seem to last as long as 16 lithium batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I think this is dependent on how many cameras you are trying to put out and what how much appetite you have to pay a month for a camera bill. I first got into cameras...not for deer, but to actually put on my traps so I wouldn't have to ride an hour up the road to check them. In my case, I had a need for 10 cameras. Or at least, I would/could use that many. So I went with the cuddeback/link system, not because of the camera/quality itself but the ability to have up to 21 cameras on one $15/month cell plan.

I didn't start out with all 10 cameras, I eased into this a few at a time, but I've been pleased, or rather they work as they should. There are drawbacks to it you won't know until you set them up at your place...trees, hills, mountains, etc., all effect how far you can put the cameras apart. I bought the 6 D batter back (they don't make anymore) but I get 3-4 months on 6D Procell batteries. My two 4D rayovac battery cameras only lasted about a month.

I have 2 stealth cams, i pay $16/mo for both, but I don't have the unlimited plan. I have been happy with them. With the AA batteries I'm getting 3-4months off of the cameras before batteries are needed.

I bought Tactacams over the last 4 years. They are pretty good. $13 per mo per camphor unlimited pics. Picture Quality is not the best ... I'm running about 10 of these. I am going to sell all my conventional cameras this season.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Moultrie edge by far for cellular.

Brownings for the standard cameras
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Moultrie Edge has suited me. I’m not quite sold on the rechargeable lithium battery yet. It’s $70 but doesn’t seem to last as long as 16 lithium batteries.
    I have noticed that I might get another week out of the rechargeable pack that I wouldn’t get out of 16 lithium batteries. I don’t think I’m getting the 25% longer life that they claim. That said they will eventually pay for themselves and are a hell of a lot easier to change out

Ive been running moultrie mobile for years now , and for the most part am satisfied with em . If youve got them on a high use area , they will go through some batteries quickly and if set on immediate upload ,will ding your phone all hours of the day and night . I just started running the rechargeable lithium battery packs and they seem to be doing well and willl save alot of money as much as aa batteries are now .
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

i dont do cell cameras. I like moving them and checking them and putting them on scrapes.
    I even listened to the VG fella and bought some piece of shit chinese knock off called Wosada or something like that. they work fine, too. I put 6 or 8 AA batteries in them and they last all year.

I dont see any use for a camera to send me pics to my phone all the damn time. I cant hunt till friday anyway.

and I hate phones. So its a pretty simple choice for me and soooooooo much easier and cheaper than every story above.

come on, Hbone. Go old school.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

tactacam
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i dont do cell cameras. I like moving them and checking them and putting them on scrapes.
    I even listened to the VG fella and bought some piece of shit chinese knock off called Wosada or something like that. they work fine, too. I put 6 or 8 AA batteries in them and they last all year.

I dont see any use for a camera to send me pics to my phone all the damn time. I cant hunt till friday anyway.

and I hate phones. So its a pretty simple choice for me and soooooooo much easier and cheaper than every story above.

come on, Hbone. Go old school.
    Did you just give me a small amount of credit? If so I’m screen shorting this

My BIL put one out on my place for me to see if it would connect to network. Place has minimal cell service so camera did not connect. Spypoint camera. Looks like old school for me 2thDoc. I am trying to take a little inventory. Little buck sign but lots of trails etc. I guess now I just need a card reader for iPad and a couple Browning / Wosoda cameras since it seems TheVisorGuy said so.
    thanks
    Bone
    Last edited by HERRINGBONE; 01-16-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    Bone....

Reconyx Cellular ... Unlimited plan ... Rechargable lithiums ... Not cheap, but maybe the best.

I keep 4 out on my place year round ... It's my Sunday evening thing every couple weeks or so to move them
    around ... I like to keep monitoring my property for all kind of reasons ... I like seeing the different wildlife in natural settings ... Been using pics lately to narrow down prime Coyote trapping sites, pays off.

I'm in Puerto Rico on business now, looked at over 150 pictures at my place back home today.
    Last edited by Swift Strike; 01-16-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Tactacam here. I use the solar chargers where I can and have not had any problems. Lithium for the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Did you just give me a small amount of credit? If so I’m screen shorting this
    miniscule, at best

Quote Originally Posted by HERRINGBONE View Post
    My BIL put one out on my place for me to see if it would connect to network. Place has minimal cell service so camera did not connect. Spypoint camera. Looks like old school for me 2thDoc. I am trying to take a little inventory. Little buck sign but lots of trails etc. I guess now I just need a card reader for iPad and a couple Browning / Wosoda cameras since it seems TheVisorGuy said so.
    thanks
    Bone
    i use an old laptop. people give them away.
    and if I get a pic i want to save, I put it on the desktop. at the end of the year, I put them in a folder.
    If you read on here, its really quite funny listening to people bitching about how bad cell cameras are and how they eat batteries and its expensive to get the right carrier....but they keep trying to outdo one another with the next generation of complaints. now, its january and I guess people are still paying for this stuff?

its what makes scducks so entertaining. if you dont own a 20ga M2 with a red dot and some HUK gear and travel to hunt with your gun case that doesnt protect your gun well enough, you get a merit badge of some sort at the club meetings.

and if i was in puerto rico i would be doing puerto rico things not worrying about some buck with no antlers back home.

just sayin

^^^ It's San Sebastian Festival in Old San Juan my friend ... 100,000's of people in the streets ... A few minutes checking out some cam pics, and the rest of the time checking out..some..ahh..Oh La La

just think....you're checking your silly phone and oh hell you just missed the most awesome oh la la of the week.

it could happen