Thread: Yamaha 25/30 and tohatsu questions

Default Yamaha 25/30 and tohatsu questions

So I’ve got two questions here.

1.) are there still any reliable mechanics that work on these motors and can do upgrades? My go to hung things up so looking for someone new.

2.) is there still a market for 40 tohatsu carbs?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

yes and yes. what are you looking to do? I had several 3 cyl 25/30 yamahas. I found that on the 25 simply opening up the exhaust and removing the rev limiter provided enough gains to make me happy. Any gains after that, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The majority of speed will come from proper setup. Who were you using before?

Your #2 is an upgrade for your #1 if that’s what you’re asking.

Get the head cut down, if it’s a 25 you can mod the neck of the tuner to match the size of a 30. Tohatsu carbs and 40hp reed cages. Don’t waste your time with porting or going deeper than that. Those changes will be noticeable

I have the 40 carbs and reeds already on. Long story short the motor sat for a year, fuel pump got ruined. Had a buddy work on it but it’s just not running right.

I’m considering just putting my stock carbs back on but if there is someone good who can get it figured out and running again smooth again then I’ll keep the 40s on there.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Sent PM