Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let’s talk 1 ton gas trucks

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Does anyone have a gm 6.6 gas with the Allison 10 speed transmission? This sounds like a good combo for people who only occasionally pull heavy loads
    Got 6 of them. No complaints so far

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Does anyone have a gm 6.6 gas with the Allison 10 speed transmission? This sounds like a good combo for people who only occasionally pull heavy loads
    See my post above but then again he only had 6K on it but loved it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Strapped the kubota RS 530 loader and 20ft bumper pull trailer to my 2024 2500 gas with the Allison badged 10speed today. No interstate but shitty Orangeburg county roads ran 60mph with the cruise on without issue, 8mpg, combined weight was 21,020lbs, truck weighed 8,020, trailer was exactly 13,000lbs on my certified truck scales. I was more than satisfied on how it handled the load, zero complaints.
    IMG_0633.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Strapped the kubota RS 530 loader and 20ft bumper pull trailer to my 2024 2500 gas with the Allison badged 10speed today. No interstate but shitty Orangeburg county roads ran 60mph with the cruise on without issue, 8mpg, combined weight was 21,020lbs, truck weighed 8,020, trailer was exactly 13,000lbs on my certified truck scales. I was more than satisfied on how it handled the load, zero complaints.
    IMG_0633.jpg
    Good grief, I hauled a Case maxxum 125 with loader with a bush hog bat wing on a 35 foot gooseneck with a 6 cylinder diesel and got 14 mpg with tow haul and Jake brake engaged, while eating a DQ blizzard. Step up or step out.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Good grief, I hauled a Case maxxum 125 with loader with a bush hog bat wing on a 35 foot gooseneck with a 6 cylinder diesel and got 14 mpg with tow haul and Jake brake engaged, while eating a DQ blizzard. Step up or step out.
    Glad to see the old folks home has the Wi-Fi turned on after 8pm……..

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Good grief, I hauled a Case maxxum 125 with loader while eating a DQ blizzard.
    the-ringer-when-the-fuck-did-we-get-ice-cream.gif
    Last edited by TJ_11; 01-30-2024 at 09:24 PM.

Those asking about mpg towing.

Mcbee to Ridgeville. 37’ and guessing around 8500lb with battery and hardly any water on board.

65mph max on I95, 7.3 gas with 4.30 gear =7.4mpg according to the dash. Truck has just under 1k on the odometer at the time. We have a few Florida shoots this summer that have me a little bummed due to lack of range and just not wanting to deal with fuel stops with a camper.

Heading to KRT for a set of power steps in 2 weeks. She’s a bitch to get in and out for us short people.

IMG_2509.jpg

There’s a reason why tractor trailers aren’t fueled by gasoline…