Thread: Any Unicoi prizes to show?

Default Any Unicoi prizes to show?

Not able to go so curious to see some of the treasures obtained.

Yep....Marlin Watkins, TJ Johnson, Clint Corder, Clay Townsend, Mike Lapp, Misfire Game Calls, Ralph Permar, Moonshine Leather works, and Glenda Green.... some of these items are personal and some are for the Low Country Turkey Invitational
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I was planning on going and came down with the flu. Maybe next year.

Calibogue that’s an impressive haul. Have well over fifty of Marlin Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Calibogue that’s an impressive haul. Have well over fifty of Marlin Watkins.
    I'm a sucker for his serviceberry....and I'll keep buying them.
    I bought a long box last year and a short box wormy chestnut/serviceberry.
    Picked up a SB longbox from he and one from TJ as a call pair for the LCTI this year.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I have a serviceberry/cedar long box from Marlin. The Merriams sure love it.

Had a great time hanging with some fine folks. Snagged Prudhomme and KP trumpets, a couple of Corder pots, a flask from Bryan/Moonshine Leatherworks, and a couple items from Glenda Green. Show was packed and top notch as always. Threw budget out the window before the show even officially started. Will be getting another box from TJ Watkins when he works up some more special wood .

Bought trumpets from Kenny Pedelahore and Mike Battey. The Battey call was an impulse buy. Not sure if I am going to keep it or not. Great show! Family came with me this year and we reserved the same cabin before we left.
    Last edited by davisd9; 01-15-2024 at 03:35 PM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Do most of the calls get sold prior to Saturday?

I need to take some “safe money” and go to that show once. Sounds like it’d be a good trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Damn at the name dropping in this thread. I thought blue water boat talk was the top of the pile ....I’d like to go see all the shirt y’all are talking about though.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Damn at the name dropping in this thread. I thought blue water boat talk was the top of the pile ....I’d like to go see all the shirt y’all are talking about though.
    It's not name dropping , so much as it is recounting of the great folks that attend this event. The Unicoi Callmaker's show has a 30+ year history. For people that can appreciate craftsmanship and the people who make great instruments for Turkey hunting, it's worth the effort to go.

I hadn't been in a couple years due to scheduling conflict. I went Friday and Saturday and enjoyed catching up with some great friends. I bought a superb trumpet from one of the newer makers. Won't even drop the name.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Palmetto Duck, just trying to save you young bucks some time and money in your search for a quality made product. Lots of “custom” call makers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    It's not name dropping , so much as it is recounting of the great folks that attend this event. The Unicoi Callmaker's show has a 30+ year history. For people that can appreciate craftsmanship and the people who make great instruments for Turkey hunting, it's worth the effort to go.

I hadn't been in a couple years due to scheduling conflict. I went Friday and Saturday and enjoyed catching up with some great friends. I bought a superb trumpet from one of the newer makers. Won't even drop the name.
    Nitro, I know I’m just kidding around. The name is how you say who’s call it is. Aquaman, I don’t know if you meant me as a young buck or not. I appreciate it if you do. My grandfather was making box calls for me and a couple people in the 70s before I ever heard anyone say the name Neil Cost. To me my grandfather’s sounded just as good. He didn’t market them nor sell them though. I’d like to check out that show one day.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.