Thread: Skagit Jacket Sizing

Default Skagit Jacket Sizing

If you bought a Skagit from Roger's how close are they to the posted sizing chart?
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I'm 6' 220lbs and ordered a Large. It fits great

I’m 5’ 11” 175 ordered a medium and it fits great. I usually wear a large in most everything.
    More Ducks, Less People

I bought a L and a XL. Going to keep the L. Will sell an XL for $150. Only put on to see how it fit.
    Bah! Humbug!

Don't go by Filson's sizing chart. 5'7" 165lbs medium fits good with room to layer.

So I haven’t bought that jacket, but I have bought a fair amount from Filson. I was on their website the other day and noticed they have 2 sizing charts. They have one that is measurements of the garment and one that has sizes of humans. I would use the measurements of the garment vs measurements of the body. Body measurement would have me size Medium and garment would have XL

Order a size down.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I bought an XS for my wife and she loves it. She typically wears a small in things, and needed a nicer hunting jacket to keep at the farm. I need another hunting jacket like I need a hole in my head and I think I may order a L. I’m 6’4’ 220. It is such a nice jacket, and warmer than I expected.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I'm a 42R sport coat. It sounds like I'm between a M and L.

Got an L for my son. He is 5’9” and about 170

It’s a little big on him - I offered to send it back and exchange for an M but he and his mom both said it fit him fine. He wore it yesterday and it worked well for him.

In a pinch I could use it. I’m 60lbs heavier. It’s a little small for me but not “fat guy in a little coat” small. Feels like an XL might be too big for me

I wish I would have seen this sooner. Mediums are sold out.

Im 5’-10” 250 and ordered a XL. There is enough room for layering underneath with a hoodie and still have plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    I'm a 42R sport coat. It sounds like I'm between a M and L.
    I’d say likely a medium
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Yep.. I'm 5'10 usually a shade under 190 in the winter, 45 inch chest. I bought a large a couple years back, it swallowed me. Filson jackets have always run large.

Well, the last thing I needed is another jacket. I procrastinated long enough that the M are sold out. Oh well.