Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey choke

Borrow a few from friends and see what your gun likes and how you like the pattern. Then buy the best one.
    Carolina Counsel

If you don’t desire to shoot past 45 yards, put any brand of .575 in it and start shooting them in the upper third
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I’ve got a Sumtoy in a .580-ish? Might be a .582 for my M3020. I wanted something with a little more wiggle room inside 40. It’s pretty slick. The $20 Carlson’s .575 is really tough to beat for the money though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

That Carlsons would be a great choice
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sumtoy .562 is what’s in my gun right now, but I have the tighter constriction version, I think in .555. It throws an insanely tight pattern out to 20 yds and it’s really impressive at 40-45 yds with TSS 9’s. I don’t make it a practice to shoot them that far away, but I wouldn’t hesitate if that’s what it came down to. They perform as advertised.

Stock Remington extra full

Thanks for all the responses. Like others have said, I try to shoot them as close as possible. Just something different about fooling one to 15-20 yards vs 40. Shooting the handload tss 9 shot I’ve been using g, it’s deadly well past 40, but it’s just not as enjoyable to me. Good feedback, and answered some of the questions I had. Just looking to see the best all around turkey choke for the pump gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr