Thread: Mule deer outfitters

Default Mule deer outfitters

Anyone in here have experince in this department? I've gone down the rabbit hole online looking. We are having a hard time dialing in somewhere. We have no points and are hoping to go next year. Thinking New Mexico or West Texas might be best bets from what I can tell with Utah being good draw odds. We have done Idaho and just want to try somewhere else. Any recommendations? Specific outfitters you have enjoyed? Its more about the experience for us although a big muley is def on the bucket list. I've also looked at a few booking agencies and just seems like a travels agent mark up kinda thing. Any experience with that?
    Thanks

I’m booked in Eastern Colorado on a landowner tag so no draw required. PM me if interested in info.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I’m booked in Eastern Colorado on a landowner tag so no draw required. PM me if interested in info.
    Pm sent. Thx

Alot of options out there. What size muley and/or country are you looking to hunt?

Eastern CO is good if you can get in with a good outfitter.
    SD is a great option that you can draw in a year or so, not too expensive.
    Texas and new mexico landowner tags are a good bet.
    Last edited by buckpro; 01-03-2024 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

My next Mule deer is gonna be a Sonoran Giant.....It's spendy, but I want a slobberknocker.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    My next Mule deer is gonna be a Sonoran Giant.....It's spendy, but I want a slobberknocker.
    Get with me when you start looking, i'm about to make my 6th trip down there.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

SD Indian reservations
    Low country redneck who moved north

If you want a guided hunt, I've seen some monsters in Alberta when hunting elk up there. I think it was in the $7k range +/-.

I know where some good ones are in SE Colorado but you're going to need your running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I know where some good ones are in SE Colorado but you're going to need your running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Anytime I see a dude with black tennie shoes, I know he's a killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Lmao

We're pretty wide open to location as long as is pretty county which is pretty much most places we would be going. Would like a respectable buck but not trying for 180+ or anything. Budget is about 6k a man not including travel. Also thx for all the information

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    SD Indian reservations
    I've looked at a couple in NM will look at SD now. Thx

That Sonoran trip is my all time favorite deer hunt. Such a great experience tracking (okay- watching the indians track) in the desert. I did it when it was still kind of affordable. Came home with a nice buck, but missed an absolute monster- 36-38 inch 6x6. Of course, after tagging out, I ran into the buck I had missed, who posed at 75 yards for several minutes while tending a doe. Really, really great hunt, but very expensive.
    Carolina Counsel

The guy I bird hunt with in SD has a 200” mule deer on his wall that came off the Rosebud Reservation. You’ll have to draw a tag , but way cheaper than most landowner tag options.

My dream mule deer hunt (dream hunt in general) is one on Tiburon Island in Mexico. That looks like an awesome experience, price is up there though.

You could try Jim Freeburn at Triple Creek Hunts in SE Wyo. He has hunts on private land in units where a NR regional tag could be drawn with no points. The only rub is that he's normally booked up years out but he could have cancelations. Even if he doesn't have any openings he maybe able to direct you to somebody who does. Jim is a real stand up guy.
    Last edited by DRS; 01-15-2024 at 02:49 PM.