Thread: Tiller handle

Default Tiller handle

Anyone ever upgrade a 2005 Tohatsu 40hp 2 stroke tiller to a multifunction long handle? Wanting to upgrade to the handle with the tilt trim and forward/reverse.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Not sure your current configuration but you can run trim/tilt down to a toggle or switch on your existing tiller. Can’t help on shifting

Yeah I got it on a switch already on a switch box. Wanting to change it up to the handle that does it all from the tiller handle if possible. Gears, electric start, tilt trim if possible.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Not sure your current configuration but you can run trim/tilt down to a toggle or switch on your existing tiller. Can’t help on shifting
    Also been meaning to ask. You got an opening on the 17th of Feb by chance?
    Last edited by darealdeal; 01-01-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    As of now I do, shoot me a message and we’ll get it lined up

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    As of now I do, shoot me a message and we’ll get it lined up
    Send you a text tomorrow bud!

I am interested in the same thing. My motor is a 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Man I appreciate you wanting to take me fishing on birthday but I’ll be squirrel hunting that day.

Let me get back with you on some days I have available in March
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Man I appreciate you wanting to take me fishing on birthday but I’ll be squirrel hunting that day.

Let me get back with you on some days I have available in March
    Just let me know when you got room for a legendary squirrel hunt!

Ttt

Don't know how much you look on Facebook but there are several tiller handle pages that have that information. Arkansas Tiller Handle Outlaws & Performance Boats or High Performance Tillers ooser outlaws usually have plenty of guys installing Tiller handle upgrades on motors. Nicholas David Metrejean of Metrejean Motors in Louisiana has a shop and that is all he does is rebuild motors and make Tiller handle conversions. You can probably contact him and get all the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by joelt1971 View Post
    Don't know how much you look on Facebook but there are several tiller handle pages that have that information. Arkansas Tiller Handle Outlaws & Performance Boats or High Performance Tillers ooser outlaws usually have plenty of guys installing Tiller handle upgrades on motors. Nicholas David Metrejean of Metrejean Motors in Louisiana has a shop and that is all he does is rebuild motors and make Tiller handle conversions. You can probably contact him and get all the information you need.
    Thanks! I am not on the facepage anymore been a few years. I got a few contacts from a buddy to call in Arkansas and I’ll try that one as well! Thanks