Thread: Solution to sitting out games

Default Solution to sitting out games

After what we have seen in bowl games this year and my guess is only going to get worse maybe this could change some minds

Since it appears most if not all college football players are now getting paid why not fine them or have them pay a large portion of NIL back since they are not fulfilling their contracts basically

I can this practice starting to affect regular seasons tremendously in the future , team not having a “championship year” and players just decide to not play

they want to be grown ass men then treat them like grown ass men and hit them with breach of contracts

and no I am not into bourdon tonight, just Milky Way milk LOL

Probably never happen but just a thought that popped up in my mind
    Last edited by tprice; 12-30-2023 at 08:21 PM.

They already do that……see Juice Wells

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    That's exactly what he did

They let the Genie out of the bottle but never gave any thought to controlling it. Not sure what the answers are but something has to be done or this game we all love is gone. There’s very little loyalty, no commitment, no honor and zero repercussions. No coach knows what their team will look like from one season to the next unless you have really deep coffers and can recruit players off other rosters at will.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    They let the Genie out of the bottle but never gave any thought to controlling it. Not sure what the answers are but something has to be done or this game we all love is gone. There’s very little loyalty, no commitment, no honor and zero repercussions. No coach knows what their team will look like from one season to the next unless you have really deep coffers and can recruit players off other rosters at will.
    Do away with “student athlete” and go to “employee athlete”. Then you can put whatever you want in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Do away with “student athlete” and go to “employee athlete”. Then you can put whatever you want in the contract.
    Then you’ll get agents negotiating contracts, litigation, so many stipulations and terms they’d never play. It’s a free for all and is going to be for a long time to come. Maybe the way is instead of a 12 game season, it goes to 8, then like the basketball tourney, 64/32/16 teams are chosen using the bowls in place for the tourney. That way all bowls have meaning, you play it off, players can’t opt out and we get a true champion with zero questions or doubts.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Did not realize that

Can you elaborate
    Last edited by tprice; 12-31-2023 at 06:36 AM.

Can't we just go back to the good ole days where a players Dad gets a job at the auto dealers lot, grandpa gets a new tractor and Mom gets a new Cadillac? Ah, what I wouldn't give for some steroids and the baptismal whirlpool to work again.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I see the portal a much larger problem than NIL. As DT said, there have always been payments.

players argued that coaches could leave anytime they want, but athletes were stuck.

Through contract buyouts, Coaches have finical repercussions if they leave and schools have them if they fire.

There needs to be some disincentive put in place for transfer.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The portal should not begin until the last game is played.

The NIL should be paid through the school with Athletic dept funds. No taxpayer support.

Strong cash clawback should occur when players do not play unless "obvious" injuries exist.

The athlete should reimburse the school for all scholarships and student athlete costs to the amount not to exceed NIL.

NCAA should allow athletic dept to pay players.

Stop requiring athletes to attend classes.It is a joke.

Stop running 30 yards into the other end zone to celebrate a defensive play.

Stealing signs should be allowed.

Need more Clemson players digging in their opponents butt crack...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The portal should not begin until the last game is played.

The NIL should be paid through the school with Athletic dept funds. No taxpayer support.

Strong cash clawback should occur when players do not play unless "obvious" injuries exist.

The athlete should reimburse the school for all scholarships and student athlete costs to the amount not to exceed NIL.

NCAA should allow athletic dept to pay players.

Stop requiring athletes to attend classes.It is a joke.

Stop running 30 yards into the other end zone to celebrate a defensive play.

Stealing signs should be allowed.

Need more Clemson players digging in their opponents butt crack...

Good with all of it

We can send BB to meet with you face to face and let you tell him that on last one

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Good with all of it

We can send BB to meet with you face to face and let you tell him that on last one
    There needs to be a CBA and unfortunately a players association to hammer out all the concessions on both side. Could also consider a 64 team playoff and less regular season games. You can use the portal without penalty after the bowl/playoff game.
    Last edited by jwmetz; 12-31-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Can't we just go back to the good ole days where a players Dad gets a job at the auto dealers lot, grandpa gets a new tractor and Mom gets a new Cadillac? Ah, what I wouldn't give for some steroids and the baptismal whirlpool to work again.
    There is a gas station in St Matthews called “Rhett’s “ by all the locals. Exxon station that serves food etc. Rhett would post all bounced checks on the wall by the register for the community to see in hopes of embarrassment get his money quicker etc.

Alshon Jeffery’s mother Deloris was known to have a copy of a bad check a time or two on the wall of shame.

In the Summer of 2009 she shows up in a brand new BMW 7 series and a construction crew from Cola started remodeling her home.
    Last edited by KRT; 12-31-2023 at 11:30 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Now with that being said, the said gas station sold lottery tickets.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Now with that being said, the said gas station sold lottery tickets.
    And the assumption is just plain not PC. We all know she won the lottery to afford that, so to speak.....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I still don’t understand how being paid to play a sport doesn’t eliminate your amateur status there by making you ineligible for playing college amateur sports.

Anyone?

Does Lebron still have 4 years of eligibility since he never played in college?

I’m about to call Bruce Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I still don’t understand how being paid to play a sport doesn’t eliminate your amateur status there by making you ineligible for playing college amateur sports.

Anyone?

Does Lebron still have 4 years of eligibility since he never played in college?

I’m about to call Bruce Pearl.
    Because some agents and lawyers deemed it acceptable for them to receive money for name, image and likeness, not for playing football, that’s just a bonus.