Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Polar Vortex?

Default 2024 Polar Vortex?

Anyone else seeing this prediction? It won't save my duck season but at it sure wouldn't hurt.

"POLAR VORTEX SHIFT - The lack of Arctic air in Canada has been glaring as of late. That’s about to change though as signs point to a pattern shift the second week of January. First Canada will fill up with a -20 to -30 degree air mass, then the transports down south will occur. My eyes are on the 2nd-4th weeks of the month."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

David G fixing to get cold...

Glad I got friends in South Beach with an open invite. To old to deal with this anymore
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It’ll be the week when I’m out west, guaranteed…….

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    David G fixing to get cold...
    He be just fine. Will be working so hard feeding the outer coat will be off by 9:30. Now getting shit started in the morning may be another story.
    cut\'em

Met a guy who lived in Siberia for a spell and he mentioned they had small pans under cars at night and would have small fires in them. Similar to a smokehouse fire.

I thought this thread was about sunglasses
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Met a guy who lived in Siberia for a spell and he mentioned they had small pans under cars at night and would have small fires in them. Similar to a smokehouse fire.
    Met a guy who worked in the North Dakota oil industry. Said they kept coffee cans with lit charcoal under their machines when they weren't in use.

Doubt this or any other vortex improves the hunting in this state. If you have a property further west then you might be getting ready to collect.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Great the week after the move to Wyoming. Gonna be a warm welcome I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post

How long will you be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    How long will you be there?
    4-5 years id the wife don’t like it, if the wife likes it hopefully for life

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

I see some of us are using made-up words from the climate crisis crowd.

And WTF is this business about “saving” your duck season. You live is SC, bo. You need to see a psychiatrist.

Headed out to NE arkansas the 21. Hopefully there will be a good bit of birds.

I guess the cloud seeding worked too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

And WTF is this business about “saving” your duck season. You live is SC, bo. You need to see a psychiatrist.
    Live in SC, hunt S La, too late to see a psychiatrist but not too late to save my duck season.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Cold weather
    Hot weather
    Warm weather
    Cool weather
    Rainy weather
    Hurricanes.

They need something to get the hoopleheads fired up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

How do things look in WY?

Is anyone hunting ducks ahead of the next couple of fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    How do things look in WY?

Is anyone hunting ducks ahead of the next couple of fronts?
    I’ve seen a few migrating ducks come over a ton of geese. Saw thousands of mallards and geese in Nebraska off i80. Going to be a miserable weekend

Dude that’s not terrible out there unless the wind is blowing Mach 2.
    cut\'em

I’ve seen a few migrating ducks come over a ton of geese. Saw thousands of mallards and geese in Nebraska off i80. Going to be a miserable weekend

Ho Lee fuk… quite the adjustment.