Thread: Operation use the damn boat…

Default Operation use the damn boat…

When you travel for work and have three boys that play baseball basically year around, and sometimes on two teams at one time, you just don’t have time to use the boat.

I bought this boat two summers ago and it’s been a trailer queen. This past summer it got a trailer light upgrade and today it got new trolling motor batteries, new wire ran to bow and stern lights and I upgraded the battery switch to the blue sea system that basically combines and separates the batteries on it’s own. So instead of having a switch with 1, 2, both, and off, I now have a battery switch that’s just on off even though I have a house and a cranking battery…it does have a third position to force combine the batteries but you shouldn’t have to use it.

I’ve got two months of Saturdays coming up in January and February where we have no sports scheduled and I plan to fish…a lot.

EA7D92E6-6363-4141-A65B-2996A5154FC6.jpg

7242920C-FD30-41CE-AFE8-8EE36A756B58.jpg

Tell them boys no to baseball a little more and get them in the boat fishing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Tell them boys no to baseball a little more and get them in the boat fishing more.
    LOL

these boys love to hunt and fish…and play baseball. Just here lately it’s been more baseball.

I’m grateful that all three of the boys are very active outdoorsmen and athletes. They don’t sit and watch tv or sit play video games very often.

And to be fair…missing all last winter and spring fishing was on me while I was building a pavilion and finishing up our pool project.

Y’all have an open invite to come squirrel hunt one of those Saturdays if y’all want to go
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I threw in the towel and put the cover on mine a couple days ago. I never saw the ocean as calm as it was today...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I threw in the towel and put the cover on mine a couple days ago. I never saw the ocean as calm as it was today...
    Quitter!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Y’all have an open invite to come squirrel hunt one of those Saturdays if y’all want to go
    Little Rhett was asking me about that the other day. We didn't get to last year...again my fault, but the pavilion is done except for a little plumbing and I'm not letting that take up a Saturday, so yeah...I hope we can make it.

How did year round baseball start? I know it's a money thing but does anyone know that a pitcher or catcher can't do it year round? It used to be a seasonal sport. Tommy John surgery at 13 is on parents.

Quote Originally Posted by duce44 View Post
    How did year round baseball start? I know it's a money thing but does anyone know that a pitcher or catcher can't do it year round? It used to be a seasonal sport. Tommy John surgery at 13 is on parents.
    I don’t know the origins behind it all but back in the day of you were into baseball, you played American Legion baseball in the summer. More and more tournament style baseball leagues began to pup up to the point that baseball is an option just about all year…especially here in the south. It’s a money maker for sure.

From what I’ve seen, there are still some athletes that play multiple sports but that doesn’t seem to be the norm any more. For what it’s worth, I think people play year around soccer as well. This fall, my middle son will take baseball off and try his hands at football. He’ll be old enough to play b-team football at Summerville and he’s already been working out with them. He seems to like it this far, so we’ll see.
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-28-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Out of curiosity I did a search on the subject and found this. It seems about right.

https://www.americamagazine.org/poli...aseball-243016

I feel your pain. I sold my boat, as baseball takes all my time/money. I sincerely hope you can get out and enjoy the boat, soon.

I'm posting this from JetBlue Park (Red Sox training park), Fort Meyers, FL; it took a little over 13 hours because people cannot drive!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-29-2023 at 08:28 AM.

Like anything else. Money and pride fueled the start.

What a miserable day to fish. Wind was howling and the canal was probably running 5-6 mph. Took 6-8oz just get the bait down. The three other stupid boats I saw all said they didn’t catch anything either, but the boat came off the trailer. LOL.

Fish 1, me and the boys 0. They had a good time though.

E267430E-5CD6-4607-A208-9BB5F243EB6C.jpg

8A563C11-A635-4B7E-B6F9-50C2934A18D4.jpg

Going is the important part, fish are a bonus.

Glad you got the boat in the water.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Best time to go is whenever you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

The smile alone looks like a genuine, great fishing trip!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Awesome!
    When the water is running that hard, try going to the mouth and setup just outside the jetty rocks in the S turn on the Cross side.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Awesome!
    When the water is running that hard, try going to the mouth and setup just outside the jetty rocks in the S turn on the Cross side.
    Thanks for the advice Ralph. I’ll stick that in my memory bank. I hope to go again in the next few days.