Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So. Who knows these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    The one kid taking the hit likely took one for the team.
    I have seen it happen while the guilty stood there cowering. If so, good man...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    See, this is what I have a problem with. Rifling through your shit in the back of your truck while you’re out hunting? FUCK that
    A tale as old as time in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Been a long week bruh, I forgot to misspell the cuss words
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I can’t imagine they wanted to spend long dealing with you after finding the beads, plug and strap on.
    Hate to disappoint you, but it was probably a 30 minute interaction at the least.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    No keys to the house boat too???

I almost killed myself reading this thinking about all the surrounding circumstances.

I feel for them. They made some horrible decisions not buying licenses, and having keys to the house they rented. The bird thing, doesnt bother me, and the one kid taking the hit for over the limit bothers me.

I hope they dont make this mistake again, and as noted had they had their stuff in order I doubt it would have gone further.

Incidentally does anyone know what the OOS license fee is for Looossiana??

Every one is tight these days due to Bidenomics, and trying to save a buck, but to buy groceries, gas, take time off from work, shells, gear etc etc, you know it wasnt cheap especially for kids under 30. But why skimp on the license unless it is astronomical? I can imagine some were on a shoe string budget and figured the beer, was more valuable Thant the hunting license if was 200-300 bucks, but 23,$ as someone mentioned?
    $32

Well, let's hope people remember to buy licenses for other states. Out of all that, that's the one thing that blows my simple mind. All the other things, that's not very uncommon. Not buying a license! Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

BTW? Anyone shooting ducks there?
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    FAFO. Keep your shit straight. No matter where you are or how many ducks you are killing. It isn't that hard, but it does take some effort...
    Right here
    80-20 Genaration

Just rolled in from 10 days at camp down there. 21 year old and up adults intentionally not buying licenses is hard to justify. Lt Adam Young don't play, he doesn't care where you're from either. I'm thankful to see enforcement this year, long overdue.

Know the Federal and State laws as good as the game wardens, properly tag and bag daily possession limits.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Some make it easier than others for LE.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

#GrebeLife

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I keep reading about what wonderful kids these are…
    Going on an out of state hunting trip and not buying a license is one of two things, stupid or you just don’t give a shit. I can forgive the possession limits, it can be ambiguous, but choosing not to buy a license puts you in the entitled, don’t give a shit camp in my mind. They stole from the people Louisiana. What am I missing???
    Because the kid I referred to didn’t get charged with not having his license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While hunting catahoula one year I seen smoke in the distance while hunting. We hopped in the guides boat after shooting a limit and found a burned duck blind with just the floor intact. Apparently another guide took some guys from South Carolina and then the guys decided to hunt the blind since it being public and all. Guide asked them to leave and they said no it’s public. So he lit the blind on fire. Louisiana guys surely don’t play over their ducks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Beaver Hardy loves to tell the story about taking Ray Weston to his mallard hole in Sparkleberry. They murdered them. A couple days later he comes back to hunt and Ray is sitting there with his decoys out. When he started raising hell, Ray calmly said "Why Beaver, you knew who I was before you brought me here"...

Rule #5- Be careful who you take duck hunting.
    Ole Ray!

Yeah, it’s everyone’s resource but folks shortcutting deserve no help. They are those guys on the team who cherry pick layups, slack on defense. Or in a football metaphor, they are d-linemen who “ole” blockers so that a teammate downfield gets creamed.

Duckcommander,
    Was that Randy Matthews by chance? Never been with a guide that had knife scars all over from duck blind fights. Dude was a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by redhead25; 12-23-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Hate to disappoint you, but it was probably a 30 minute interaction at the least.
    Not to mention it looked like you got beat with a bat.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Yeah, it’s everyone’s resource but folks shortcutting deserve no help. They are those guys on the team who cherry pick layups, slack on defense. Or in a football metaphor, they are d-linemen who “ole” blockers so that a teammate downfield gets creamed.
    Blue Falcons. Buddy Fuckers.

I know one of those guys from my son playing ball with him, but have your stuff straight! I been hunting out of town for years and always make sure license and any rules are followed. It makes for a better hunt to be very polite to locals and wardens if you come in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper66 View Post
    I know one of those guys from my son playing ball with him, but have your stuff straight! I been hunting out of town for years and always make sure license and any rules are followed. It makes for a better hunt to be very polite to locals and wardens if you come in contact.
    I'm curious, did anyone teach these kids to duck hunt or did they pick it up on their own? Serious question. Folks want to mentor youth to learn to duck hunt but not buying licenses and stamps on an out of state hunt is not something folks teach.

I have heard from others that some these guys bragged about not buying licenses on out of state hunts because they never get checked. Is that true? If so, I hope it costs them dearly, daddy doesn't pay and they never come back to La.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill