Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So. Who knows these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    My point DNR wasn't patrolling shit. Some one ratted them out. Stealing ducks is like stealing someones' old lady. Get the heat on you.
    This is likely more close to the truth. I was hunting private property once and only managed a couple of birds but coming out around 10AM the game warden came up on us. We checked out clean but he stated that he had a swamp nearby where the birds were roosting and came to investigate when he heard gun shots. Sat there in a home being built on the property watching us since sunrise.

Damn right about folks thinking the ducks were their possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    The FAFO sentiment is justified for the trespassing part, but not for the birds part. Nobody owns the wildlife.
    You’re missing the point Bart. You don’t hire a guide then go right back to the place he took you the next day. That’s the definition of insolence. Has nothing to do with who’s birds they are. If I took you fishing in Winyah Bay then the next time I go back there you’re sitting there camped out in your boat we’d have a come to Jesus meeting too if I hadn’t said previously, come here anytime. It’s called respect. I know you understand that.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I absolutely do understand. It's low-rent and tacky, but not worthy of hands. Just my opinion.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Staying on a house boat with no key to the door? Bad decision. Did they have permission?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The FAFO sentiment is justified for the trespassing part, but not for the birds part. Nobody owns the wildlife.
    You've hunted corn ponds and havent busted your ass scouting public water for birds. So when you go as a guest or client of someone who has...then the next day you're in the same hole when they show up...be prepared for what comes next.

I'm not defending it, just saying the retribution could extend from flattening your tires at the launch, to getting a hole shot in your boat. I've heard of one guy getting his truck burnt up in NC.

I think it was last year that some old guy in Reelfoot killed a kid over a blind dispute. Also, not defending it...just stating be prepared for folks to value something more than you and repay you how they think you're due.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Staying on a house boat with no key to the door? Bad decision. Did they have permission?
    Was thinking the same. That sounds a little sketchy to me.

I absolutely do understand. It's low-rent and tacky, but not worthy of hands. Just my opinion.
    World would be a much better place if more people toted a whooping now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    You're new at the duck hunting thing. Yeah, its called fuck around and find out. It's a shit thing to do, and some folks arent afraid to hand out lessons.
    That's the reason I deer and turkey hunt solo and duck hunt with 2 very close friends. Nothing pisses me off more than going hunting and having someone you carried in the past sitting in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    World would be a much better place if more people toted a whooping now and then!
    Truth.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    That's the reason I deer and turkey hunt solo and duck hunt with 2 very close friends. Nothing pisses me off more than going hunting and having someone you carried in the past sitting in that spot.
    Or the classic text the night before, "Hey buddy, I was thinking about poking back into that spot you took me to last week, you aren't going on the morning are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Airbnb. No key to drive boat house.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 12-22-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Or the classic text the night before, "Hey buddy, I was thinking about poking back into that spot you took me to last week, you aren't going on the morning are you?"
    You got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    FAFO. Keep your shit straight. No matter where you are or how many ducks you are killing. It isn't that hard, but it does take some effort...
    Amen. And how in the hell do you go OOS and not buy a license? That tells me all I need to know honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Amen. And how in the hell do you go OOS and not buy a license? That tells me all I need to know honesty.
    Damn $32 more dollars, we’re already spending so much. Let’s just roll we won’t get caught…… and scene!

Clearly you have never been to Venice, Louisiana or areas surrounding. Some of the finest folks you will ever meet. Until you violate their rules - written or otherwise. Their opinion of what is worth fighting over is different.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Clearly you have never been to Venice, Louisiana or areas surrounding. Some of the finest folks you will ever meet. Until you violate their rules - written or otherwise. Their opinion of what is worth fighting over is different.
    There were some boys from Charleston years ago that let their mouths get them into some trouble with some oilfield workers. I believe one of that crowd was or is a member on here. One of them was eating through a tube for a while.

So are they members on here?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I'm not trying to call anyone out. Duck hunters are some of the craziest and at the same time the best people you will find.

When out of state you need to be on your best behavior. I have found lug nuts missing on the trailer and found my boat partially sunk from a pulled plug when I used to hunt the Meto. All you need to have done to receive this treatment is beat them to "their hole".
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Clearly I have. It was awesome.

Venice YFT (1).jpg
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Pass the wasabi!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot