Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avian Influenza....

Blue jays, thrashers and towhees are three that their numbers have dropped significantly in the last 10 years.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I missed it in the DNR info posted by RH, but this may explain the dead black vulture I found out back about a month ago… Anderson County.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

We had a bunch of snows out here in Cali last year that were dead from the flu. Hadn't seen much sign of it this year until this past Saturday. Jr and I were hunting a pond and at sunset I went to look for a gray duck that we sailed. Paddled right up to a juvie snow (we rarely see snows in this particular area) that appeared to be sleeping on the bank about 300 yards from where we had been shooting all afternoon. It tried to jump to the air when my Aquapod bumped into the pickleweed bank where it was sitting. I slapped it out of the air with the paddle and then dispatched it. Very out of the norm so we didn't chance eating that one.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL