Thread: 2024 Ammo Prices

Default 2024 Ammo Prices

It appears more price hikes for ammo are coming starting in January 2024.

Global shortage of gunpowder...

https://www.newsweek.com/ammo-prices...rearms-1850528

You trying to cause 2th to break a finger ordering more cases of 5.56 online?

Vista is saying that but I wonder if others will follow suit. My last order of target loads was right at $94 a flat. During the shortage 2 years ago I was paying $105 a flat. So if anything they are going back up. Fortunately I have a pretty decent supply on hand if this creates another buying spree and shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    At a minimum, I hope he at least chips a nail.

Gander - I've gotten decent deals on shells this year as well but I'm not sure what to expect next based on Vista's statement. Hope to see you Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Vista is saying that but I wonder if others will follow suit. My last order of target loads was right at $94 a flat. During the shortage 2 years ago I was paying $105 a flat. So if anything they are going back up. Fortunately I have a pretty decent supply on hand if this creates another buying spree and shortage.
    Your particular brand should not be affected due to where they source their powder.

This will particularly impact your usual .mil cartridges
    9, ,45, 5.56, 308, 7.62x39 .50 should stay about the same.
    All your odd hunting cartridges will be effected due to many of them using the same powders 5.56-308-x39 use and or will divert from production of those powders thus driving up the PRC-30/30-credmore on and on. Some of those may not be even available at any cost.

All this could be avoided if we would simply drop the sanctions on Russia and quit supplying Ukraine with anything at all. That would open up a huge tap.

And dare I say we even allow Chinese or NK powders in??

They will not do either of those for stupid reasons they will call national security.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Vista also announced a hefty donation of ammo to Ukraine. their price hike is to offset their "donation".
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Vista already priced my beloved Nitros out of reasonable pricing. I used to buy the piss out of them for $75 a flat. Now they are $120 a flat. They can keep them for that price. It just seems like they are trying to squeeze the market to feed their bank accounts. I noticed Winchester AA's have actually come down in price just recently.

I still don't understand how European brands can offer shells in the US for substantially less than we produce domestically. Even with additional freight costs to get them here.

And I'll see you at Rocky Creek Saturday for sure. And shooting Bornaghi's.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    i still have my 22 bullets from the last time we were gonna run out of ammo.
    havent shot a single one and will never run out. i wont do that again.

and we all know that nikki haley was apparently responsible?

chess vs checkers.

at least we got ukraine to blame too

and for druduck---joe biden

the end
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I hope there's mass panic for the 5.56/.223 crowd and drives their stock back up!
    Low country redneck who moved north