Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey reg changes

Default Turkey reg changes

Just got the email too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be popular and probably won't pass, but I hope it does.

Then maybe we can move on to doing something about the poor condition of waterfowl in this state.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-19-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

They did a good job

I agree we need this!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Overdue, at least around here. I don’t see a fraction of the birds I used to and nobody is hunting them on the adjacent properties enough to cause a reduction.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

i'd rather hunt in late march

but i dont shoot but one or two.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

enthralling

They missed a chance to make out of state hunter limit 1 and hefty price tag for the out of state tag.

hip tuck turn
    or whatever that stupid golf thing was

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    They missed a chance to make out of state hunter limit 1 and hefty price tag for the out of state tag.
    they aint missed a chance.
    this is just DNRs opinion. the .gov will decide next session. 2024 is the earliest this can happen (to vote for 2025 regs). DNR doesnt get into "politics" of license fees and whatnot for OOSers.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 12-19-2023 at 12:29 PM.

I was hoping for April 1st- May 1st for game zones 3 & 4 but I’m not mad about it. Something needed to be done and this will be better for the turkeys.

nice kick Pele

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I was hoping for April 1st- May 1st for game zones 3 & 4 but I’m not mad about it. Something needed to be done and this will be better for the turkeys.
    Not selling farmland for cookie cutter housing developments would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    Not selling farmland for cookie cutter housing developments would be a good start.

At least where I live it would be. Gonna look like these Michigan suburbs before long with the gobblers chasing the mail man and harassing kids on the playgrounds. Roosting on cell towers and such.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

If SC turkey hunting can become half as good as MI turkey hunting, then bring it on
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post

Amen. Some of my favorite turkey properties from a few years ago are now subdivisions full of yankees.

But I thought this group did not like conservation easements that protect properties from urban sprawl and Suburban development?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Amen. Some of my favorite turkey properties from a few years ago are now subdivisions full of yankees.
    SCDNR can regulate hunter days and put limits on the number of birds a hunter is allowed to kill in a season, but there still wont be a single wild turkey in this state in 50 years because nothing is being done to preserve habitat. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by pluffmudder View Post
    SCDNR can regulate hunter days and put limits on the number of birds a hunter is allowed to kill in a season, but there still wont be a single wild turkey in this state in 50 years because nothing is being done to preserve habitat. Sad but true.
    Fortunately you are incorrect, conservation easement have protected well over a million Acres of private land in South Carolina. This land is preserved in perpetuity and protected from development. These easements Ensure that land remains agricultural, forested, and rural and utilized in such a way that preserves critical habitat.
    Charleston, beaufort, bluffton, lower Jasper County and Savannah are all growing at rapid paces right now fortunately massive amounts of acreage is preserved through conservation easements to stop this development from getting into rural areas. They are still properties I wish more protected and maybe they will be at some point
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE