Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much would you give ??

Default How much would you give ??

I know lot of folks support their universities athletic programs but seems now schools are asking for folks to at least DOUBLE what they give for NIL

Diehard Tiger fan but not to the point I am would want to be brow beat for funds just to pay players ?

I think USuC calls their program “RISE”, saw it on Corey Miller’s twitter and I am sure Clemson has one as well

What is even worse, in my opinion , is these same players will be out the door the next year for a better deal. Hell even in NFL they can not do that

At least in NFL is based on tv revenue, ticket and souvenir sales and not fans just dumping cash into the “player offering plate “

Next stop for NIL is our beloved HS Sports
    Last edited by tprice; 12-19-2023 at 05:47 AM.

None, I don’t gain anything from it. I think it’s funny the scam, the more you donate, the more they pay players, the more they win, the more money they make. All so you paying can say “we” won, while sitting at home yelling at a tv.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

zero
    Windows Down!

A fool and their money are soon parted
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Money ruins everything it seems. I've loved football like few other things in my life, for a long time. That love is rapidly going away.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

$0.

been iptay and season tix holder 20+ yrs. if NIL becomes mandatory, i’m out that day.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

id give five times as much as raybird.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    $0.

been iptay and season tix holder 20+ yrs. if NIL becomes mandatory, i’m out that day.
    IF and when they leave the acc that will be the plan. Iptay will no longer be needed. It’s already being discussed. Tv contract will pay for infrastructure and other teams. Iptay will become 100% nil. It’s why the 110 was created.

I’ll give 1,000X what I’m giving now.

Always loved CFB but not much anymore. I didn’t watch NFL for a good while but will watch a little more these days. At least you know the deal with those guys. NIL has destroyed the college game. Might as well go ahead and form a minor league.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If they hit portal they should pay back all NIL money. Coaches and players contracts have to get bought out everywhere else. Should be same in college if this is the route we’re taking. We’ve gotten waaay out over our skis in the name of paying players with no common sense involved. 5e ruling from out W that started all this NIL bullshit is no5ing more than a move to get Unions into college athletics. Players arguably ALREADY GOT PAID prior to NIL bullshit.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

The nfl ranks up there with fjb. Fuck um both!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

No 18 year old needs 6 figures in his checking account at one time.
    Schools should use an pre approved NIL contract.

1. 30% up front.

2. 20% put in a deferred account payable at age 40.

3. The remaining 50% payable in monthly payments until their senior year. If they leave early for pros or transfer portal, their monthly payments stop.
    Also their 20% deferred account will be reduced by a penalty percentage for leaving early.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

We held season tickets for 8 years and with that came a donation to the Tiger Unlimited Fund.

Dropped it all 3 years ago and don't regret it. I care so much I didn't even watch the Auburn/Alabama game. We were hunting with our kids and my wife killed a deer that day.

I finally answered the phone about the 100th time they called and told them I wasn't getting tickets or donating anymore and was sure I would never donate to an NIL fund.

I'd rather shoot tame ducks with Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    No 18 year old needs 6 figures in his checking account at one time.
    Schools should use an pre approved NIL contract.

1. 30% up front.

2. 20% put in a deferred account payable at age 40.

3. The remaining 50% payable in monthly payments until their senior year. If they leave early for pros or transfer portal, their monthly payments stop.
    Also their 20% deferred account will be reduced by a penalty percentage for leaving early.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    How are they going to afford the MB's, Caddy's, BMW's, Porsche's etc much less the gas and sorority girls?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

An NFL team runs a whole business (including player salaries), mostly at a profit with income from tickets, advertising, and TV revenue. There is sometime government money for capital stuff.

Why do schools need all that plus donors for scholarships plus donors for NIL money?

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    An NFL team runs a whole business (including player salaries), mostly at a profit with income from tickets, advertising, and TV revenue. There is sometime government money for capital stuff.

Why do schools need all that plus donors for scholarships plus donors for NIL money?
    Probably my ignorance speaking because I truly don't know but my blissful optimism says that it's because a school's primary function is to educate the 99% of students not playing a sport and money SHOULD be directed to that effort and not toward the 1% who play football.

cynic
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I think y'all already know my answer. I quit giving them money when they had the BLM parade and won't be giving them another damn dime. I now care more about the NFL than I do college football.

PS - Except when Clemson beats UofSC's ass. That will never not be funny, regardless of how bad they continue to fuck up the sport.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I will never pay anything. Don't care that much about it anymore.

Its like the NCAA read the NASCAR playbook on how to ruin your business and are following it step by step by step
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Never have ... Never will