Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Yeah and it worked didn’t it.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    they should have went out and hired a Field Goal Coordinator for $2M

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Time will tell. It's working for Texas. They have about the same budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I hope so.

Early this week, defensive tackles Tonka Hemingway, TJ Sanders, and Boogie Huntley all announced their returns to the South Carolina football team. All three players could have gotten an NFL look and would have had plenty of suitors had they hit the transfer portal. Instead, they all will be in garnet and black again next fall.
    More Gamecocks have since announced their returns to the South Carolina football program via NIL deals with the Garnet Trust

Defensive back Jalon Kilgore was one of the first announcements. Kilgore had a tremendous season and likely will be a freshman All-American when all is said and done. His return is massive for a defense that can’t afford to lose any good players.

Quarterback/wide receiver Luke Doty is one of the most popular Gamecocks on the team, and he also revealed his return via an NIL deal with the Garnet Trust.

Offensive lineman Tree Babalade also signed an NIL deal with the Garnet Trust. The big offensive tackle had some nice moments after being forced into action as a true freshman

Linebacker Bam Martin-Scott came on very strong at the end of the season, and South Carolina football fans are very excited that he is coming back in 2024

Tight end Josh Simon’s deal with the Garnet Trust brings the talented playmaker back to Columbia for a second year and sixth year of college football. With the graduation of Trey Knox, Simon will be the undisputed TE1 next season

Another announcement comes from the Garnet Trust and cornerback O’Donnell Fortune. Fortune, how started most of the 2023 season, flirted with the transfer portal but will be the favorite to be the Gamecocks’ top man coverage player

Linebacker Debo Williams also announced his return to the South Carolina football program on Thursday with a NIL deal thru the Garnet Trust. The much-improved linebacker was considering the NFL before deciding to come back.

There will be even more players who announce their returns over the next several weeks, and the 2024 version of the Gamecocks will be better because of it and the Garnet Trust

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    SCAR only has $4MM in NIL?!

I've done some quick searching and there's not a lot of info out there about NIL budgets.

Where is Clemson?

Alabama?

Georgia?
    apparently this amount is going up daily with donors and the Garnet Trust has a committee/execs that are on payroll for growing it.
    Another donor just offered a $1M right after Jan 1st, due to tax positioning

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post

Offensive lineman Tree Babalade also signed an NIL deal with the Garnet Trust.

I hope they paid him enough that he can pay somebody else to block for him. He was terrible early in the year and responsible for most of Rattlers sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I hope they paid him enough that he can pay somebody else to block for him. He was terrible early in the year and responsible for most of Rattlers sacks.

Agree, true freshman that was thrown into the fire because of his size and starter injuries.
    He is huge

Congrats?

These fuckchops better learn how to play football in the next eight months if they are going to get paid like professionals. Scholarships should also be off the table for NIL contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    These fuckchops better learn how to play football in the next eight months if they are going to get paid like professionals. Scholarships should also be off the table for NIL contracts.
    yes, put them on a commission pay plan
    $XXX for every QB sack, $XXX for every tackle, $XXX for TD, interceptions, wins, blocked kicks, 3rd down conversions, etc.......you get the idea?
    Let the pay plan drive the desired results

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    How do you determine the value of each player on team if your splitting the money? Does a stud tackle get more or less than a running back? How about the kicker? Crazy that we have gotten to this
    Had same questions

WHO dictates NIL money ??

Just wait few years down the road when the W Comp lawsuits start hitting as well as all the concussion issues

Do players have to carry their own W Comp just like any of us that would work as a subcontractor for one of these university’s ??

Also how long till we see lot of these kids with tax issues, hell I have grown ass men and women that can not handle their own money as clients much less some teenager that has grown up dirt poor. You can tell them How much they owe but you can never force them to pay the balance due

Plus my guess is we start seeing a huge increase in number of “knocked up sorority girls “ wanting child support. Sad thing is NIL money is very few short years, that kid you got is you responsibility for next 18 and NIL money will be long gone
    Last edited by tprice; 12-09-2023 at 06:51 AM.

They are nothing but mercenaries. Loyal to the dollar instead of the school. It has ruined it for me. I do hold out hope for LaNorris Sellers, the starting QB next year.

A true Carolina fam waiting on next year...
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 12-09-2023 at 07:45 AM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I think there is a path back to college football that we would all enjoy again. If the NFL would do away with their rule that a kid must be out of high school for 3 years before being drafted, they will start drafting high school seniors, much the way the major programs do now. Then, college football would be comprised of undrafted kids playing for the actual value of the scholarship/college education, or undrafted kids trying to improve/prove themselves to get drafted the next year. The quality of player would be lower, but you could possibly have actual student athletes representing your Alma mater.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    They are nothing but mercenaries. Loyal to the dollar instead of the school. It has ruined it for me. I do hold out hope for LaNorris Sellers, the starting QB next year.

A true Carolina fam waiting on next year...
    DT, do you see NIL money being approved for SC HS players ?

Being told that is coming before long

I have begun the creation of a bill allowing schools to spend non-taxpayer funds from the athletic program for
    NIL. Any amount, any time, anywhere. Wild West on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have begun the creation of a bill allowing schools to spend non-taxpayer funds from the athletic program for
    NIL. Any amount, any time, anywhere. Wild West on steroids.
    Thought I read or heard somewhere that Missouri has a bill that allows HS kids to receive NIL money as long as they go to state schools. It’s all out of hand.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I think there is a path back to college football that we would all enjoy again. If the NFL would do away with their rule that a kid must be out of high school for 3 years before being drafted, they will start drafting high school seniors, much the way the major programs do now. Then, college football would be comprised of undrafted kids playing for the actual value of the scholarship/college education, or undrafted kids trying to improve/prove themselves to get drafted the next year. The quality of player would be lower, but you could possibly have actual student athletes representing your Alma mater.
    I like this.

As I understand the NCAA says schools must follow their rules unless it causes them to break their own state law.

Until that gets corrected federally, anything goes if I can pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    NCAA’s bank account enters the chat…