Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPrice - Westside

Last year's SC game was at Benedict, and it was awesome. Big enough to feel bigger than a HS stadium, but small enough to actually get filled-up. I thought it was a great venue.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I thought they just started rotating stadiums. Not that it moved from SC.

Everyone used to play in Willy B. Then it was only big 16, 4A, and 3A. 2A and A had to play at Benedict for some reason. I don’t know what theyre doing now. But judging by the pictures none of them are taking place there
    Last edited by BuckyTownsend; 12-03-2023 at 07:03 PM.

We were out coached and Westside wanted it more. We’ve been 1 dimensional on offense all year but it has worked. It worked for 3 qtrs Saturday. I said at the beginning of the year that our defense would be the reason we would win again this year if we did. They have played lights out all year. Our secondary just didn’t play good. Not taking away anything from Westside. Great football team and they deserved to win. Congrats!!!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    What happened to the high school teams getting to play in Williams Brice for state? That was one of the cooler memories I have from HS. Who the hell wants to play on SC States field? Aint like U of SC is using it for football this time of year
    Just my opinion but Willy B and Death Valley way too big for HS crowds

TL Hanna played Dutch Fork at Willy B few years back despite both schools having larger than normal HS crowds it still looked like nobody was there. To me it did not "feel like a HS game"

If I am correct USuC Administration wanted way too much money for schools to use Willy B (I have heard in excess of $100K ) and Benedict and others charge a 1/4 of that

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Last year's SC game was at Benedict, and it was awesome. Big enough to feel bigger than a HS stadium, but small enough to actually get filled-up. I thought it was a great venue.
    Was told by several folks that is very nice facility just lot concerns/issues with the area around Benedict . I have no clue about that at all but I know some pasty white folks scare of their own shadows LOL

My office is downtown Anderson and never an issue but one of those "pasty white clients" this year ask me if I was scared of where our office was and I laughed at her so I figured something like that with some people complaining
    I can not imagine it being in an area that bad , hell these folks ain't been through Evansville in Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I thought they just started rotating stadiums. Not that it moved from SC.
    Thought same thing as well, lot of very nice smaller stadiums like Wofford, Furman, Citadel, Anderson University, etc . I know this would not be toward middle part of state but it is State Championship, folks will got a little out of the way regardless of where it is and not complain
    Last edited by tprice; 12-04-2023 at 11:02 AM.

If they want great atmospheres, they need to move games to areas that are regionally close to both schools if possible. I'm sure that makes logistics of the powers that be a little tough. Westside had an hour longer trip than SF & it showed in the stands. Last year two local private schools played at West Florence & holy moly the crowd! It made for a much better experience & the game went into OT making it even better. They made way more $$ than they would have had it been in Charleston where it was originally scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    C’mon man. You better than that
    No. If you've been paying attention, he's really not....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    We were out coached and Westside wanted it more. We’ve been 1 dimensional on offense all year but it has worked. It worked for 3 qtrs Saturday. I said at the beginning of the year that our defense would be the reason we would win again this year if we did. They have played lights out all year. Our secondary just didn’t play good. Not taking away anything from Westside. Great football team and they deserved to win. Congrats!!!

Both teams had good and not so good parts of the game but end of day both played their butts off. Kind of stuff you like to see in Championship games

Rams just lucky enough to make the plays at the end to win

Honestly knew when our D forced punt against that monstrous running game and got the ball back with less than 3 minutes we had a better than average shot of scoring a TD to win, that has be the MO of this team all year. They just do not get rattled

By way huge news that your big DL Adams committed to the Tigers Sunday, had my fingers crossed
    Last edited by tprice; 12-04-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    If they want great atmospheres, they need to move games to areas that are regionally close to both schools if possible. I'm sure that makes logistics of the powers that be a little tough. Westside had an hour longer trip than SF & it showed in the stands. Last year two local private schools played at West Florence & holy moly the crowd! It made for a much better experience & the game went into OT making it even better. They made way more $$ than they would have had it been in Charleston where it was originally scheduled.
    Really I think the crowds were about even, just WHS was spread out across stands more than SF , smaller stands over there on visitors side . But I do think several things affected it. Naturally being on TV and rain forecast plus having the 12 Noon game really kept lot of folks from making the trip . I was told our crowd at home for the Upper State was over 8K despite Greenville not bringing as big a crowd as I expected

It would be nice if closer but I like the way SCHSL does it in the “weekend of champions”

Hell WHS has not been to a State Championship since 1987 and most of use would have driven to Texas Stadium to see this one
    Last edited by tprice; 12-05-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Word

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Both teams had good and not so good parts of the game but end of day both played their butts off. Kind of stuff you like to see in Championship games

Rams just lucky enough to make the plays at the end to win

Honestly knew when our D forced punt against that monstrous running game and got the ball back with less than 3 minutes we had a better than average shot of scoring a TD to win, that has be the MO of this team all year. They just do not get rattled

By way huge news that your big DL Adams committed to the Tigers Sunday, had my fingers crossed
    I don’t think the commitment will stick. From all that was said leading up to it, Clemson came out of left field. We will see. Kid is big and strong, but IMHO he’s a little overrated. We will see. I think with another year, he will probably get to the 5 star rating he has.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I don’t think the commitment will stick. From all that was said leading up to it, Clemson came out of left field. We will see. Kid is big and strong, but IMHO he’s a little overrated. We will see. I think with another year, he will probably get to the 5 star rating he has.

I can not argue, in all honesty #33 looked more impressive to me