Thread: Help with stabilizer

Default Help with stabilizer

Bought a 29" Phase 4 and plan to add a stabilizer. What length for shooting out to 60 yards? Any firsthand experience with the mathews dovetail stabilizers? Better options? Thanks

I would say anything less than 8” is not doing much for stabilization and only helping with vibration dampening. I personally have always ran a 10” out front.

Shooting the same bow with a 10”- don’t shoot much beyond 40y though.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Shooting the same bow with a 10”- don’t shoot much beyond 40y though.
    Love the bow and around here I have never shot at a deer past 25 yards. But I have an elk hunt booked for next season so definate possibility of 40- 50 yard shots.

I have the Phase4 29 with 10" bridge-lock stabilizer. I shoot out to 50 routinely and killed an elk with it at 42. Technology will always continue to improve but I don't see buying another bow in my lifetime.

I do like that I can compress the stabilizer for putting the rig in the case.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

^tonto
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What is your draw length?

ETA: stabilizers are very personal. What works for you might not work for me. But I set up a few 29 P4s last year, and that bow seemed to like 4-6oz on a back bar and 2-3 on a front rod to sit balanced in the hand at draw. Up to you on the Mathews stabs, I think they are overpriced, but are a nice product. I would buy a 10/8 kit with 8-10oz of weight from somewhere else for 1/2 the price of the Mathews. Put a quick disconnect on each and you can have the off in less time than the guys spending $600 on Mathews branded ones. But the bridgelock stabs do match the bow and they function well, just a lot of doll hairs if you plan to tinker with a front and back bar.

If you only want to run a front just get a 8” in any brand with 2-3oz and run it. It won’t matter much for pin float.
    Last edited by wiz18; 11-29-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    What is your draw length?

ETA: stabilizers are very personal. What works for you might not work for me. But I set up a few 29 P4s last year, and that bow seemed to like 4-6oz on a back bar and 2-3 on a front rod to sit balanced in the hand at draw. Up to you on the Mathews stabs, I think they are overpriced, but are a nice product. I would buy a 10/8 kit with 8-10oz of weight from somewhere else for 1/2 the price of the Mathews. Put a quick disconnect on each and you can have the off in less time than the guys spending $600 on Mathews branded ones. But the bridgelock stabs do match the bow and they function well, just a lot of doll hairs if you plan to tinker with a front and back bar.

If you only want to run a front just get a 8” in any brand with 2-3oz and run it. It won’t matter much for pin float.
    28.5" draw length. Pin float for longer distance shots is main concern. Inside 30 yards not sure a stabilizer is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I have the Phase4 29 with 10" bridge-lock stabilizer. I shoot out to 50 routinely and killed an elk with it at 42. Technology will always continue to improve but I don't see buying another bow in my lifetime.

I do like that I can compress the stabilizer for putting the rig in the case.
    I'll raise you out to 65 routinely and killed an elk at 65 with a 110 follow up.

Just kiddin Bolt.

But this is what I went with. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I'll raise you out to 65 routinely and killed an elk at 65 with a 110 follow up.

Just kiddin Bolt.

But this is what I went with. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    My 93 yard follow up on a mule deer tops your 110 on an elk. (Insert sarcasm)

I only use an 8 inch stabilizer with 3 ounces on the front and a 6 inch back bar with two ounces.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 11-29-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    My 93 yard follow up on a mule deer tops your 110 on an elk. (Insert sarcasm)

I only use an 8 inch stabilizer with 3 ounces on the front and a 6 inch back bar with two ounces.
    I'll agree. Smaller target.

Just kiddin Bolt.

You need a stabilizer when shooting 90lbs. Lol

I've got one you can have. I think it's a 10inch B stinger.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-29-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

OP - take this then buy a 8” b stinger for a back bar and you are in business.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    OP - take this then buy a 8” b stinger for a back bar and you are in business.
    Thanks, already reached out to Catdaddy

Didn’t realize the length of stabilizer had to do with how far you shoot
    80-20 Genaration

Just kiddin Bolt.

Didn't you shoot yours in the ass too??
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I have a VXR so I don’t know much about the integrated stuff. I bought a podium archery offset bracket for my bow. Been shooting it for a year. I really like it. Completely eliminated the need for an offset back bar. I went from a 12” front and a 8” rear to just a 10” with 2 oz up front.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

It's 12 inches

Thanks Catdaddy. We will work out something to meet up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk