Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foundering

It's from EHD.
    Id don't think ruminants founder, think it's specific to ungulates.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    And if corn caused it every deer in South Carolina would have this
    No kidding

Better for swimming in Lake Murray!

i have seen 3 like that, and they were all killed in the marsh with in a mile of each other over a spand of a couple years. i just assumed it had something to do with living in the marsh

I've killed 2 in my time with hooves like that 1 was a yearling buttonhead that came out limping so I dispatched of him.
    The other was a toad of a 6 point that I killed this year. Healthy horn wise but this guy was a mess. His bases of his rack almost touched in the center of his head. Shiek hooves, ballsack the size of a jr. basketball and stunk to high heavens. When I walked up on him he had a distinct odor. Smell of rutting buck and penicillin is the best way I can describe it. One ear was completely broken and had a hole in it the size of a quarter. Once hung up at the processor, the meat looked black where even the thin fat on the muscle had a yellow tint to it. He went to the gut hole with the rest of the other remnants of deer processing.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."