Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cormorant

Default Cormorant

Last edited by 2thDoc; 11-15-2023 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Just shootem

Paging Duct Tape. He's an expert on this subject.

That is three years old. Is there some new news about this that I am missing? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

^^^ yup. From memory, I recall we had a season for 2 years then it was suspended.

Old news. Whats your question about the article?

It appears that in Feb 2021 the government formalized a pathway for states and tribes to acquire a permit to reduce cormorant populations under a depredation permit, if they follow certain conditions. First condition being they must try non-lethal means of control first, and then they have to check a bunch of other boxes.

You're probably not getting your cormorant season back so don't get too excited.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Old news. Whats your question about the article?

It appears that in Feb 2021 the government formalized a pathway for states and tribes to acquire a permit to reduce cormorant populations under a depredation permit, if they follow certain conditions. First condition being they must try non-lethal means of control first, and then they have to check a bunch of other boxes.

You're probably not getting your cormorant season back so don't get too excited.
    We won't get it back. And rightfully so.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    We won't get it back. And rightfully so.
    Why rightfully so? I can’t remember

Because we did exactly what was expected of 1500 rednecks.

We were told not to post anything on social media......... the first video was posted on day 1 at noon, and the first pile pic of 200 birds was on facebook by dark.
    We were told how to dispose of them....... we threw them in ditches at the ramp, dumpsters behind gas stations, etc.
    We were given the freedom to rally birds, but told to use discretion. We rallied them in broad daylight right up to homeowner's docks.

We did everything we were told not to do, AND we were extremely successful at killing them.

Nobody expected us to kill 52k birds and act like ass hats while doing it.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Mic drop.

We were told not to post anything on social media......... the first video was posted on day 1 at noon, and the first pile pic of 200 birds was on facebook by dark.
    We were told how to dispose of them....... we threw them in ditches at the ramp, dumpsters behind gas stations, etc.
    We were given the freedom to rally birds, but told to use discretion. We rallied them in broad daylight right up to homeowner's docks.

We did everything we were told not to do, AND we were extremely successful at killing them.

Inquiring minds are asking.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Oh, that explains a lot! Thanks.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

It was the most fun I have ever had in my life. Every Valentines day I pour out a little bit of commonazi slime to commemorate the unbridled great times. Someone is cutting onions in here...

it is extremely important to know that bog used the word "we" a lot...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is an old thread but I miss it so
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Default Cormorant

I ate breakfast at Potato Creek Landing Saturday with my wife, and that slough was full of those bastards from the road back to the big water. I wasn’t around for the first seasons, but I was foaming at the mouth to kill some this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by quackaddict; 01-15-2024 at 08:13 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I ate breakfast at Potato Creek Landing Saturday with my wife, and that slough was full of those bastards from the road back to the big water. I wasn’t around for the first seasons, but I was foaming at the mouth to kill some this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trust me they have plenty to eat. You can pull up in 20’ and throw a 5 foot net and catch hundreds of shad right now

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Trust me they have plenty to eat. You can pull up in 20’ and throw a 5 foot net and catch hundreds of shad right now
    I promise you that’s not all they are eating.