Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice baths

Default Ice baths

Is there any real benefit to doing ice baths? Been thinking of trying them to help with reduce some inflammation and stiffness
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I’m surprised with their current popularity this is the first time it’s come up on the site.

Yes they work, do not go into it thinking it’s enjoyable by any means.

Close thread.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Saw a documentary on Wim Hoff recently, mom brought two kids to him that had untreatable brain cancer or something of the sort. Started them on cold therapy, among other things, and one it totally cured, other is on their way, allegedly.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...s-23961824.amp

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I dont know about ice baths but check into your diet, too
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

There’s science behind it but I’m not smart enough to explain it. I know they work for me. I’ve been extremely busy and don’t have an ice machine, but I would like to get back into doing them regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    I dont know about ice baths but check into your diet, too
    diet has a lot to do with it I know. Working on that part, but want to add in ice baths if they provide some benefit as well
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Definitely help. I am wanting one for my house. I enjoy the mental challenge of trying to see how long I can stand it. I have read that your metabolism gets a kick from longer exposure.
    cut\'em

Watch the video will answer all your questions. Would also suggest looking into the info he has posted up on diet. Good info on a lot of subjects. If you happen to drive a lot given them a listen!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Been doing daily at least weekdays since April. Yes benefits. Listen to Huberman. Also Gary Brecka. Not life changing for me but definitely noticeable and helpful. Start with water in low 60s maybe 3 min. Walk it down from there. I’m 5 min a day 40-45 degrees. You’ll be amazed how quickly your body adapts. Adrenaline hit is for real from it. I feel fantastic every morning afterwards and lasts for the rest of the morning. Rarely if ever sore from workouts anymore. Give it two weeks, make it to a month, you’ll miss it when you don’t do it.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Another easy way is to go from hot to a 2min cold water rinse to finish off your morning shower. It is supposed to stimulate blood cells, help muscles and skin....all that good crap.

It also creates some good metal toughness.

Fix your diet first , then your exercise, then your sleep, then you vitamins and supplements , then worry about a damn ice bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    Another easy way is to go from hot to a 2min cold water rinse to finish off your morning shower. It is supposed to stimulate blood cells, help muscles and skin....all that good crap.

I Do this every morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Campbeller View Post
    Fix your diet first , then your exercise, then your sleep, then you vitamins and supplements , then worry about a damn ice bath.
    Yep, those first three are pretty important, people don't understand how important sleep is.

I'm not trying to be Laird, just trying to slow back time.

How do yalls women like two belly buttons on their man?

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    I Do this every morning.
    Nice, I refocused on my health a ton over the last year and a half. Made many life changes. I've never felt better. Wish I woulda started taking better care of myself a bit earlier.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post

He ain't lyin'.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I take a plunge every weekday before I get to the grind, it’s been a game changer for me.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by Campbeller View Post
    couldnt agree more

when I started working on myself I started with sleep and after I got that under control I went after the exercise. Then the diet fell into place

and always remember "you cant out run a bad diet"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!