Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victor Dog Food recall

Default Victor Dog Food recall

At least I'm housebroken.

Well shit. Thanks for posting. Pretty sure we have a few of those bags.

I think I did as well
    At least I'm housebroken.

Damnit I actually like victor

What has everyone switched to? Heard anything about when they will ship out new product?

Tractor supply offers refunds
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    What has everyone switched to? Heard anything about when they will ship out new product?
    I've fed this for years. My dog loves it.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I'm going to straight Pro plan. I had one dog left on Victor when this happened and it gave me all the reason to make the switch completely.

I still want to try Inukshuk, but the only way I could do that financially is to buy it by the pallet and I haven't found enough people around me interested to make the switch.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I like Pro Plan but you have to take out a reverse mortgage to be able to buy a bag now! I am giving taste of the wild a try. The yellow bag that is Bison and Vension. On dogfoodavisor.com it got really good ratings for one of the best dry dog foods

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    I like Pro Plan but you have to take out a reverse mortgage to be able to buy a bag now! I am giving taste of the wild a try. The yellow bag that is Bison and Vension. On dogfoodavisor.com it got really good ratings for one of the best dry dog foods
    Yep. The 21.3 kg bag is now $92. Not sure why my dog food weighs itself like a drug dealer but that equals 47lbs. Paying more for dog food than skinless, boneless, chicken breast filets is a real headscratcher. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Are you gettging a big discount on the Taste of the Wild food???

According to Chewy.com:

Purina Pro Plan 30/20: 50lbs $88.98 / $1.78/lb

Taste of the Wild "Ancient Prairie with Ancient Grains": 28lbs $58.99 / $2.11/lb

And the feed ratios are actually reported to be better on the Pro Plan than the Taste of the wild.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Contact a vet who's with Purina and considers you a close friend...

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 11-13-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Let's not bring all this math into this conversation. Just like let's not ruin ECUs sports posts with facts. Feed ratios are pretty similar and the ingredients I believe are slightly better in taste of the wild. However, the math is definitely towards the Purina. It is just easier to look at a $60 bag than a $90 bag. I understand you are getting almost double as well in food though.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post

Capture.PNG
    Unfortunately all of the vets I know personally have retired and sold their shops to Big Vet. I am at the mercy of Amazon right now. Of course, I am all ears. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    You mean, actually be friends with a cat doctor? I suppose you'll suggest we take up playing soccer with dentists next?

We have been feeding 24/20 buddy boy to our field trial beagles and its been a great feed.

Every vet I know uses Hill's, except Glenn. I dont know what he uses but he hunts with a bow and out of a saddle so I'm sure its some fancy boutique brand

Inukshuk 32/32 during winter, 30/25 during summer

better than pro plan and much cheaper
    Windows Down!

Serious question. Is one recall enough to make you switch dog food brands completely? Have they not cleaned up the factory and started putting out good dog food again already? Am I stupid for continuing to feed my dogs Victor since they're halfway through a bag and not sick yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Serious question. Is one recall enough to make you switch dog food brands completely? Have they not cleaned up the factory and started putting out good dog food again already? Am I stupid for continuing to feed my dogs Victor since they're halfway through a bag and not sick yet?
    I'm doing the same thing. I can't find any info on when they will ship again.