Thread: Trouts

Default Trouts

This is what leaving Columbia at 2am, driving 4 hours, getting at the ramp at 6am,
    running 20 minutes to my trout hole and being back at the ramp and loaded by 9am and driving 4 hrs back to Columbia looks like.
    Two man limit, all on Mirrolures, all fish were released. Youngest son in the pic with his new personal best.
    Also caught 2 slot reds. Didn't take a lot of pics
    Beautiful morning
    Wes Monster.jpg
    Trout on Floor.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-09-2023 at 05:54 PM.

Looks cold up there. Caught a few keepers and some spot tail today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

The ride from the ramp to the creek was chilly, we shed some layers soon after

Excellent

You have the big trout dialed in.

Man id love for my little girl to hook up with some of those. I need to get her down to the saltwater
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    You have the big trout dialed in.
    No kidding.

ecu, do you ever keep any to eat?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    No kidding.

ecu, do you ever keep any to eat?
    Once in awhile or if someone asks for some filets. My oldest son loves them and often asks us to bring him a fish or two.
    These big trout like the one in the pic are usually females and we release everyone of them.
    The 2 to 3lb trout are the best to eat, tasty and just the right size to easily cut a few good size filets from.

The cold front we had last week turned them on, slowing down again with the warmer weather.
    I knew this morning would be good with the tiny crescent moon last night and low tide being at daybreak.
    I never do too good after a bright moon, seems the darker nights are better mornings to fish.
    I think they feed more at night when the moon is bright and then not so hungry come morning.
    Just my opinion, could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Man id love for my little girl to hook up with some of those. I need to get her down to the saltwater
    I'll draw you a map