Thread: Beauty Berry Jelly...prize money

Default Beauty Berry Jelly...prize money

My daughter, who lives in Columbia, took a pint of my beauty berry jelly and entered it in the state fair...so I will now be referring to it as the "award winning" beauty berry jelly. The only downside is that I have to split half of the $6 prize money with her.

The truth is that it's actually a pretty low hurdle and they don't even call it First Place...it's called First Premium...because there were six total first premium winners...out of 12 entrants in the "Other" category...one poor chick got Second Prize all to herself...I'm actually kind'a jealous of her...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Congratulations!
    DILLIGAF

Heck yeah! You got it going on!

Congrats on the ribbon.

Mine ended up runny on the first batch, but everyone loved the taste of it. Ive got 2 gallon bags full in freezer to make another batch when I have a day I can't do anything outside. I also made a batch of jalepeno jelly from all the peppers from this summer's garden that turned out very well. They will be eaten with cream cheese and crackers at deer camp in a few weeks.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Congratulations!
    If you split the money, make sure to reimburse her for fuel first.
    Last edited by DJP; 10-25-2023 at 10:34 AM.