Thread: Home Camera System

Default Home Camera System

My girlfriend has a teenage son and daughter who are starting to do teenage things. She would like me to install a camera system that covers the front and back doors as well as a few inside the house so she can monitor things. Any advice on the best systems and dos and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve got 8 Arlo cameras at 2 different properties. Been real happy with them. But they are the only ones I have ever tried. All of mine are outdoor but they’ll work just as well inside. I have the solar panel for all of them and battery life stays at 100pct as long as the panel gets direct sunlight. Going on 2 years now. All you need is a good Wi-Fi signal

SimpliSafe is having a sale right now that may be worth checking out. Their indoor cams are less obvious than most others, although I’ve heard good things s about the Arlo cams. If she wants any sort of video recording, SimpliSafe has some decent pricing.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I’ve had Blink for three years with no complaints. Wireless, easy to install and use and I’m still on the original batteries.

I have Blink. I have 4 battery iperated cameras for ourside and 2 inside the house that plug into a receptacle.

I'm very satisfied.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Very satisfied with WYZE cameras. No contracts are needed, and the cameras are < $50 each. They only need wifi and power, but they also have battery options. They also have a real slick area light camera combo that I installed for someone last year. I solved a few problems in the past four years with mine. MG

https://www.wyze.com/collections/smart-cameras
    Dum Spiro Spero

Blink Wired Flood Lights are working great outside for me. Don't know about inside cameras
    https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...oICKAF6BAgKEBA
    Last edited by Larry Tank; 10-17-2023 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Update Link

I have 3 of the Wyze cameras each with their own solar panel so I wouldn't have to run power. Had them since April and one has stopped charging. I took it inside and tried to charge but the light wouldn't even come on. I have got to get it replaced but other than that no hiccups to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I’ve got 8 Arlo cameras at 2 different properties. Been real happy with them. But they are the only ones I have ever tried. All of mine are outdoor but they’ll work just as well inside. I have the solar panel for all of them and battery life stays at 100pct as long as the panel gets direct sunlight. Going on 2 years now. All you need is a good Wi-Fi signal
    X2 on the Arlo. I have 6 in my system. Easy to find (in stores and the net) and reasonably priced. Got them for the same reason as the OP. Teenagers. I like them. I feel like cameras help keep people honest.

I've got 5 wired Nest & 2 battery operated.

I'm quite happy with all of them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

7 Blinks in and out. Work pretty flawlessly. I was grandfathered into free cloud memory. I think now you have to pay a small fee.

I have the Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor wireless cameras and they are awesome.
    Motion detection notifications, records upon motion and can have up to 6 phones monitoring
    I can watch them anytime, crystal clear day or night
    Doesn't require a monthly subscription but for $6 / month they record 24/7and save everything for 30 days or so
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-23-2023 at 08:39 AM.

We use Eufry wireless Works great and very simple

Have then inside and out

Ours are through CPI. Got them on the doors, pool, inside the house and down the driveway. I can watch them anytime and they record 24/7. Work well for us.

I appreciate all of the information and feedback. I read enough good reviews about Arlo to make me feel good about their cameras, recording, and ease of use. They also had a sale last week, so ordered four. I will install them this weekend.