Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Gas

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Where does one dispose of 5 gallons of gas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Storm drain
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

At the same spot you purchased said shit gas, that would be my go to....

Mix it with diesel and use to start burn piles.

Bonfire fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Set on the corner in a red can.............Gone by morning

That is not phase separation...water has gotten into your tank somehow. Figure that out before it happens again to the next tankful.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    That is not phase separation...water has gotten into your tank somehow. Figure that out before it happens again to the next tankful.
    This, phase separation is separation, not cloudy mix. Drain, get a new tank, and don’t use E-gas ever.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    That thought crossed my mind as well. The only reason I didn’t think it was water because I thought water would’ve settled to the top.

I run 87 May-November with no problems so far. Burning about a tank a month. And switch to ethanol free during the winter.

But I’m thinking I may quit doin that after seeing this…

Oh and you can check online, a few of our county recycling centers dispose of gasoline.

Ant piles. Just don't light it if you have a septic tank.

And as everyone said, never, ever, use ethanol fuel. Eventually, we all get got when they put the wrong fuel in the wrong tank, but try to use a filling station that does a lot of boat business. Trying to save a few bucks on chain stations will bite you quicker than marinas or Mom and Pop stations that cater to boaters...

I'll be different.

I have run ethanol since the 80's with no problems. I add a little Stabil to each tank.

Same goes for fuel in the ATV, chainsaw, mowers etc... never have any problems.

Before I started that, I would have to siphon off the water in the bottom of gas tanks.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    I'll be different.

I have run ethanol since the 80's with no problems. I add a little Stabil to each tank.

Same goes for fuel in the ATV, chainsaw, mowers etc... never have any problems.

Before I started that, I would have to siphon off the water in the bottom of gas tanks.
    Startron or similar Ethanol fuel stabilizer works. I use it in my pontoon boat with an old 2 stroke especially when it sits for more than a couple weeks. My Honda four stroke only gets E free and Ring free added.

For E free fuel that has been sitting a few months, add octane boost as well as fresh E free fuel. Buddy of mine hadn't run his boat since last December. We pulled it out of storage in Sept for teal season. I replaced the fuel / water separator, added octane boost, topped off the tank and she fired right up. (Yamaha 150 four stroke). Ran all week without any issues, not sure if we got lucky or the E free fuel saved us from trouble.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Pump it out into a bucket or 2 a use it for grass and yellow jacket killer

I run regular 87 and have never had an issue! Honestly have never run E free gas. Had a guy pull up to me and the wife the other day and just stop beside us at the pump. He said do they have E free and I said no idea the store down the street does you can get it there! He replied no I was wondering why y’all aren’t getting it in such an expensive boat that’s ridiculous! Without hesitation my wife replied this was our $50k choice not yours! ��
    If You Bait them They Will Come!

Check your fuel/water filter for any accumulation.