Thread: I Would Quit...

Default I Would Quit...

......hunting.

https://fb.watch/nr8sgZNWdh/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Who met that guy and thought, "let's put him in front of a camera"?

Damnit!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

How many of these TV hunters are for real do you think?

What'd he do wrong? Or not do?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    My post had nothing to do with his hunting abilities ... He just seemed like a nerd. Reminded me of Stevie Janowski from East Bound and Down.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Who met that guy and thought, "let's put him in front of a camera"?
    Probably the guy who dislocated his jaw when he saw the guys trophy room. Damn what an 8 point.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Nothing and people dont watch hunting video to see doe hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    How many of these TV hunters are for real do you think?
    Depends on what you mean by real. Lee and Tiffany hooked up, loved hunting, came up with a plan, bought the land, and made it happen. Quite a few of the big names are farmers that have great land and wanted to be famous hunters, so they figured out filming. They are real, but I wonder how many of them, at this point, wish they could hit the erase button on the fame part.

I'm in a situation, after 55 years on this planet, where I know where several 170" whitetail's live, and I don't mean I suspect there are several 170" whitetails in and around the woods I hunt in Ohio; I know where they are and where they live, and I strongly suspect that every two to three years, there is likely a 200+ incher roaming around until it dies of old age. Add to that the plethora of 130" to 140" three year olds running all over the place, and that piece of ground, to me anyway, is priceless.

IF I had access to it or owned it....
    IF the landowner or a member of his family hunted...someone could become a TV star in a jiffy. If I were younger, I might have been ignorant enough to have wanted that had I had an opportunity to hunt a place like that year in and year out. I'd still be real...I'd just be real sorry if it worked out. I can not imagine mixing something I love as much as hunting with anything remotely tied to making a living.

Some people live for that stuff. Stan Potts, I think, is a real as they come; he's just a great hunter that enjoys the limelight and has parlayed his skills and fame into being able to chase giants all over the country. Good for him, but it would not be the way I'd want to enjoy hunting. Does not mean he isn't real. I think the only not-real douchebag that is making a living off the hunting industry purely in a Hunter Biden like manner is that Busbice numbskull that has hunting shows that resemble MTV reality TV episodes.

But back to the original spirit of this thread....that's going to leave a mark on that ol boy no matter how many big deer he's killed. I'd need sleeping meds for at least a month to have any hope of getting a decent night's sleep.

My post had nothing to do with his hunting abilities ... He just seemed like a nerd. Reminded me of Stevie Janowski from East Bound and Down.
    Stevie J is way cooler.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The guy in the video is Cally Morris, who is famous because he’s one of the best turkey taxidermists in the world. I had no idea he had a hunting show, but anyone with a camera and the internet can have a “hunting show” nowadays.

That is one grown ass buck deer.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Stevie Janowski from East Bound and Down.
    “Goddammit, Stevie. Time to face facts that Maria’s gone. Sack the fuck up or you can thumb back to Myrtle.”

I thought he was fixing to tell us how he had to cut off his own arm to free himself from a piece of burning farm equipment. Probably feels the same too not getting a shot at that buck.
    Last edited by Kioti; 10-03-2023 at 08:10 PM.

If no one else is going to say it, that deer isn’t 190s. Stud. Monster. Not 190s.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    If no one else is going to say it, that deer isn’t 190s. Stud. Monster. Not 190s.
    True...will definitely go Boone and I'm thinking 180. I'd take that deer over a 200+" 10 any day of the week. Something about big 8s crank my scooter, but that is a BIG freaking 8.