Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man kills deer dog, shit storm on FaceBook

Default Man kills deer dog, shit storm on FaceBook

So, there's a guy in Sumter County that shot and killed a deer dog this past Saturday. He admitted to it on his FB page and has created a full-blown shit storm.
    The Game Warden that responded to the call handled it very poorly and his job may be on the line. He's known to have a bias towards dog hunting.
    They both screwed up, several officers in the club are well connected and the storm is brewing as we speak.
    I know the man that owned the dog. He is a very kind man and is well thought of by many. I've known a lot of guys over the years that own deer dogs, and he is a cut above 98% of other dog owners. His dogs are well cared for, the pens are impeccably clean. The dogs are well cared for and loved by the whole family.

I'm not sure if the link I posted below will work but I copied and pasted his original post below. If the link doesn't work you can find him on Facebook by searching, Willaim Gray Sumter County. 452 comments currently and rising.

https://www.facebook.com/williamsk9s

so people… it’s been a while since I been on or spoken to anyone. I been going through some shit and it ain’t been easy. But I ain’t on here to talk about me, so imma get right to the point…
    So, last Saturday I was in the stand, on
    My own land, minding my own business, hunting deer. Well not just any deer, I was hunting a very large buck. Well anyways, my one chance to get the very buck I was after was screwed up by 2 useless dogs. Now, they had tracking collars on, and rabies tags… but what they didn’t have was a responsible owner to keep said dogs on his own property 4 1/2 miles away from mine. Now to be honest, I don’t care about tree huggers feelings, or lazy ass people that use dogs to run deer cuz they are to useless of a person to climb in a stand… what I do care about are the bullshit laws in the state of South Carolina that evidently erode the rights of land owners for slack ass individuals who can’t keep their dogs on their own property. But I digress. So needless to say, I was pissed off and after sitting in the stand for 10 minutes, waiting… I came out the stand and the 2 dogs were coming down my path I walk to get to that area, so I shot one twice, and the noise from the shots caused my vision to blur so I missed the other dog. When my vision straightened out, I called DNR and reported I shot a deer dog, they had a officer come to my house, he was respectful, and understanding as to why I did what I did, but the deer dog owner and the hunt club President got all butthurt and raised hell with the officer and even filed a complaint against him, they tried to sign out a warrant for my arrest for animal cruelty as well. Now as far as I am concerned the matter is over, however… if anyone from that specific hunt club on brogden rd wants to continue to talk shit, and try to figure out how to “ make me pay” lemme save ya some time son…
    Whatever you value that dog at, which can’t be much, eat it as a loss. Y’all have already been told what exactly will happen if y’all try to come to my property. Head the warning and let it go. And keep your damn dogs on your own property. This past Saturday was a first and only warning, next time no dog or collars will be found. And I can guarun damn tee I got more ammo then y’all have dollar bills or wanna be hunting dogs. Take it easy and enjoy the rest of the season. Just not at my expense. Later fellas.
    P.s. if you have to think about if this is directed at you, lemme go ahead and say this, Mike, Bert, and the others in buckshot hunt club is who this is ment for.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 09-28-2023 at 03:35 PM.

Whole lot going on there.

It's not going to turn out well for the shooter.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

He should be charged with a felony cruelty to animals. If he shot mine he would spend a more than he wants on an attorney and I would do every thing I could for the rest of my life to make sure he didn't forget what he did. His face and name would be on every billboard in surrounding counties. I can't imagine what kind of asshole he must be.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 09-28-2023 at 03:47 PM.

I think the names of the owners may be a little misspelled above, and if so, he's probably not seen the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    He should be charged with a felony cruelty to animals. If he shot mine he would spend a more than he wants on an attorney and I would do every thing I could for the rest of my life to make sure he didn't forget what he did. I can't imagine what kind of asshole he must be.
    Meh, that sounds all well and tough.

But let's take a look at some real facts....

1. A man has every right to shoot any dog he sees on his property.
    2. See number 1.

I think it's awful to shoot somebody's collared dog.

But had the shooter not blabbed his mouth to DNR and God and Creation on facebook, there is zero the law or anybody else could do about it.

It seems he's warned said dog club a time or two.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I used to have deer dogs run through my hunt constantly. I thought of killing them many times but I found out taking the collar off pisses them off even more.

2 scenarios that put the landowner in the right....

1. What dogs?
    2. Those damn things cornered me and nearly ate me alive.

If you think you can beat either in court...... good luck.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

He misspelled the owner's name.
    The dog's name was Annabell, she was very sweet and a helluva deer hound.
    The owner is absolutely heartbroken. He will have his day in court.
    Shooter better enjoy this season, it may be his last for a few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    He misspelled the owner's name.
    The dog's name was Annabell, she was very sweet and a helluva deer hound.
    The owner is absolutely heartbroken. He will have his day in court.
    Shooter better enjoy this season, it may be his last for a few years to come.
    What law did he break?

Clark, you are typing like a dumbass..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Phlipper - which post exactly was inaccurate?

I don’t think I could in good conscience turn a dog I considered a pet
    lose after a deer. It’s bound to happen. They piss too many people off.

This should go 5 pages easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Meh, that sounds all well and tough.

But let's take a look at some real facts....

1. A man has every right to shoot any dog he sees on his property.
    2. See number 1.

I think it's awful to shoot somebody's collared dog.

But had the shooter not blabbed his mouth to DNR and God and Creation on facebook, there is zero the law or anybody else could do about it.

It seems he's warned said dog club a time or two.

Strong argument one is not legally allowed to shoot a dog on their property per SC law.

What law did he break?
    There is specific law on the books in SC that makes it a criminal offense to kill a hunting dog and remove the collar. Look it up yourself or you can keep talking out your ass.

In fact, the GW wrote him a ticket for killing the dog because there are laws on the books. Unfortunately, the GW went a "little too light" on the charges that could have been made due to his own biases against dog hunting. If I was a betting man, I'd say he is gonna suffer repercussions for the way he handled it.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 09-28-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Never ending story…

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    There is specific law on the books in SC that makes it a criminal offense to kill a hunting dog and remove the collar. Look it up yourself or you can keep talking out your ass.

In fact, the GW wrote him a ticket for killing the dog because there are laws on the books. Unfortunately, the GW went a "little too light" on the charges that could have been made due to his own biases against dog hunting. If I was a betting man, I'd say he is gonna suffer repercussions for the way he handled it.

"what dogs?"

There is a specific law on the books in SC that gives every man the right to shoot any animal that is threatening him...... especially on his own property.

And since the dog's aren't alive to testify in court on their own behalf, I think I'm right, for the 3rd time.

What law did he break?
    See SC code 47-1-40(B). Again not trying to act tough here. I would in fact do everything said above including a civil suit which would include a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress and whatever else I could think of. My legal fees would be free. His likely wouldn't. I win either way. Dude is scum.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Strong argument one is not legally allowed to shoot a dog on their property per SC law.
    Bullshit.

It’s illegal to shoot someone’s dog jackass..

Regardless..

I do hope someone hits the deer in the highway, smashes his horns into an oblivion, and then dude gets sued for letting “his pets” out in the road..
    Last edited by PBiz; 09-28-2023 at 04:07 PM.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213