Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Man kills deer dog, shit storm on FaceBook

My lab is Lamar Jackson. Tot’s lab is Ron Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    The best thing I’ve heard this decade is that there existed a dog named Johnny Rocket. Very disappointed I didn’t think of that myself. Littermates should be Johnny Rocket and Ronny Rocket.
    5A2340F1-938E-41E5-8A4A-A2E865ED912E.jpg
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Young dogs will cut to be in the front..

Sometimes old dogs will quit and go find their own game..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Half tree stock/ half fox walker.

I want one that takes it from the road, puts it on their feet, and drives the hell out of it.

I ain’t running no prison hounds bo..

Some variation of Fox and July walkers …

They like to sank teef and are fast enough to catch it..

I’ve had a couple good July’s but the best ones I’ve ever owned were half tree stock/ half fox walker.

Little man wants me to start back. Ever since we lost the house dog, I ain’t had much urge to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    My lab is Lamar Jackson. Tot’s lab is Ron Jeremy.
    Those are impressive names for a 1-eyed dude that also can't see well, but no dog name will ever effin beat Johnny Rocket, or as our friends to the south would say, "Juanny Rocket."

The best thing I’ve heard this decade is that there existed a dog named Johnny Rocket. Very disappointed I didn’t think of that myself. Littermates should be Johnny Rocket and Ronny Rocket.
    Sired by Red Rocket

TTT..

2 of my 10month old puppies, Monkey and MailMan ran a 5pt to cousin Caleb, where he abruptly and belligerently shot him him the shoulder…

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I’m not sure that I believe that the dogs learned they were being judged and then figured out how to cheat to win
    They very much will. And it isn’t to impress the judges that is a side effect of them cutting.

Your cred as a squirrel dog man is undeniable.

But I did my time in fox pens.

My wife and I would actually go just to watch and listen after I had gotten out the game. She grew up with a dad who had some fine hounds. We would just go and watched we both still loved it that much for “dates” some times.

I can assure you some of the best speed and drive dogs of that era had learned to cut.

They would bust out the woods when a good chase was going listen to determine where the chase was headed especially if the dog was familiar with the pen and off the dog would go down the road. Never open their mouths one time almost waiting for the fox or the “booger” before anyone knew they were being transported into the pens to cross then fall in rite behind them in front of the on comming pack and appear to be the lead dog by the next crossing where a judge may or may not be standing.

We had dogs we knew could put preform in a pen verses outside for this reason.

Many times those dogs never were run on the outside partially due to their potential to command a price tag.

There use to be a monthly magazine that would come out I can’t recall the name but you could find stud services and all sorts of adds in the back.

But as others have mentioned it is a very real thing. And when you bread those dogs for actual deer hounds and only had a 3 element yagi and a wildlife box it wasn’t unusual for a dog to get out of the hunt and be 10 miles out by lunch.

“Can some one track a 217 frequency collar number 201? Yea I got a faint beep back towards the river. Where are you? On Black Top.” Holly crap that dog is a long way from the Spencer Rd.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

As far as the best name for a dog was one I got from
    Another meme er on here.

His name was Cedar Dick.

Now as described back then you would end up on the side of the road trying to call a dog out of someone else’s property late into the evening.

It was the most fun to get some of the girls to try and call him out!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    As far as the best name for a dog was one I got from
    Another meme er on here.
    GoDevil

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-07-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Come on....Cedar Dick.....

Come on out.......

Hay....Hooaaaaa

Cedar Dick, come on out.......
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

The best dog I ever had was a walker named "Rocket", he would be the dog that would "jump" the deer and then 2 hrs later
    all you'd hear on the radio was "the deer just crossed the road and Rocket was on his ass" or "the deer just went across a cutdown and Rocket was right on him" and the pack would be shortly behind him. I got him for $50 from a fox hunter because he would always break off on deer. The 2nd best dog I ever owned was a Treeing Walker" from a coon hunter and was free for the same reason.
    There were many times when I didn't get Rocket back until the next day or two and when we found him, he'd be running a deer. No radio collars back then.
    When I sold all my dogs, around 1988 or so, everyone wanted to buy him and he was the only one of 36 that I didn't sale. I gave him to a teenager in the
    club that was just starting out with his own dogs and the dogs he had were trash and he didn't have money to buy dogs. he had the junk others would give away.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-08-2023 at 12:11 AM.