Thread: Matthews 2024 flagship bow has dropped!!

Default Matthews 2024 flagship bow has dropped!!

Mathews title, $ 2,100 for a aluminum riser bow. I think i will pass

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Mathews title, $ 2,100 for a aluminum riser bow. I think i will pass
    That’s not the flagship hunting bow, that’s the flagship Target bow. They always cost more than the hunting line. If they keep with past release dates the hunting line won’t come out till November. I have always thought that was dumb as hell but I’m not Mathew’s.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-13-2023 at 06:26 PM.

The cost of their target stabilizers is what blew my mind. And $30 per ounce on the end weights is lunacy. I’m not a Mathews guy by any stretch. They make a decent bow, but they are falling way behind on things that matter - like tuning features, cam bearings, and string quality. Mathews proves that marketing is the most important part of a business.

Dare I even comment?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You dare…

please do. only thing that makes the monthly subscription cost worth it
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    The cost of their target stabilizers is what blew my mind. And $30 per ounce on the end weights is lunacy. I’m not a Mathews guy by any stretch. They make a decent bow, but they are falling way behind on things that matter - like tuning features, cam bearings, and string quality. Mathews proves that marketing is the most important part of a business.
    who makes the all around best hunting bow if one were in the market for a new one?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Your thoughts on 8 limbed Phase 4?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    who makes the all around best hunting bow if one were in the market for a new one?
    That’s a loaded question. I prefer prime bows. Although they are not as popular around here as out west. I like them for the rock solid back wall. The fit a finish is also next to none, although that’s not a major concern. I think most are splitting hairs amongst the flagship bows. Especially if you are not tuning your own equipment.

Ultimately it comes down to the shooter. Go to a shop and shoot a few and decide. That’s the only way to really decide. I agree with wiz that Mathew’s is into improving gimmicks instead of the stuff that matters.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-14-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Your thoughts on 8 limbed Phase 4?
    Shoots almost identical to the VXR, V3 and V3X.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

Honestly, I’d have to say bowtech. They have the best tuning feature on the market by a wide margin. It’s really nice to be able to move your wheeling without a press. The SS34 was the bow of the year IMO. It was just a hair too big for my application. Really hope they make a similar offering in 32-33 this year.

Prime, Hoyt, pse, elite, etc are all right up there too. They all have things that work and things that don’t. I was set on buying a prime this year, but they take draw length specific mods, so I didn’t want to deal with that on resale. I ended up with a Hoyt. I really like the bow, but you’re swapping shims to tune. It’s great other than no tuning feature.

Darton
    Not popular with fanboys because they don’t spend $ on advertising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk