Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
Not a huge amount of comparisons other than in shallow flats here and the spartina flats in Sc the primary forage are crabs so I have success with crab flies.

Otherwise much different . Darker , less tidal flow, less daily tides, etc. with this they are typically in a predictable pattern for longer in LA. I have spring and early summer dialed in as a result. The diet seems to be more reliant on white bait here, or at least the bite is more reliable on presence of white bait. The late summer and fall has the big boys but my area they are harder to catch than eastern LA. The winter is tough here, partly because my favorite places to fish in the ponds of the wild life refuges are closed to fishing during duck season.

I almost exclusively fish soft plastics and gold spoons when using spin gear.

The fish are less pressured here, likely because 80% of fish caught by the bay boat crowd is thrown in the cooler so they never get a chance to get pressured. There is also a lot less non fishing boat traffic to pressure the fish.
Interesting note on the white bait note. Our fish here certainly love to eat menhaden when they come in but I don’t see them orient to them specifically inshore, schools off the beach is different.

Pressure on our fish here is super heavy both shallow water and deeper inshore zones. I want to believe it is by people who don’t know what they are doing is detrimental.