Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parents, Read your Children's Assignments

Had a teacher try to push the white privilege shit on my middle schooler couple years back

That would be the first paper I’d completely write for my son, and it would resemble a publishable scientific journal article in every way. I’d have an in depth discussion with him so he’d understand what I wrote, and I’d tell him to simply say “dad assisted me with the assignment” if asked. If he received anything less than an A+, or if the teacher docked a single point for not towing that line of vegan bullshit, he/she/it would leave the ensuing parent/teacher/principal conference questioning their life decisions and exposed for the sub-par, driveling teacher-propagandist they are.

I’m hoping the teacher here is worth a flip and is trying to teach these kids at a young age to be highly critical of bullshit published under the guise of “science,” and proceeds to make them understand what science really is and how to question ALL scientific articles they read to determine validity. I’m a glass half full kinda guy, but I doubt that’s what’s happening here. Good luck.

Another reason to move to Wyoming…if this were an assignment in our middle school and it wasn’t to illustrate an example of idiots using “science” to indoctrinate people….that teacher would be looking to move somewhere else pronto or would have a “relevation” (The Good Dinosaur rocks!) after gaining a thorough understanding that a ride to the train station was imminent.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I would gut that article.

I would use a medical article to start.

Something like this -> https://www.saintlukeskc.org/about/n...#39;s%20health.

Next, I’d get biblical, and finally, a brief discussion about the darkness and emotion of leftist thinking.
    Precisely my sentiment in a much easier to read format!

MCWW strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Had a teacher try to push the white privilege shit on my middle schooler couple years back
    What was your response?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I've tried to warn you all. It was only a matter of time. I'll give BB credit for doing what he can to observe and counter, but make no mistake every day all all around the kids is nonsense like this, and the world will end in 10-12 years, and the only way to save it is to not have kids, eat bugs, live in 15 min cities, and mutilate your bodies. While you're at it, its ok to rape babies.
    According to AOC there are only 9 years left for the world now.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    According to AOC there are only 9 years left for the world now.
    That broad can't count to 9

Its also crazy to me to believe that they think vegetables and fruits just naturally occur in enough volume to feed the world. If the world adopted that way of diet, we would have to clear cut every forest and remove 99% of trees to have enough farm land to grow said needed fruits and vegetables. Wouldn't that have a negative effect of the environment?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    There's no debate on how absurd the notion of veganism is.

Where my rub is, is that the article in it's glaring attempt to mislead readers with "statistics" and those readers are 11 year olds. It's indoctrination. A lesson on that subject matter that is not a debate on opposing views, is a soft attempt see what else can be pushed.
    Your last sentence sums up my opinion. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Its also crazy to me to believe that they think vegetables and fruits just naturally occur in enough volume to feed the world. If the world adopted that way of diet, we would have to clear cut every forest and remove 99% of trees to have enough farm land to grow said needed fruits and vegetables. Wouldn't that have a negative effect of the environment?
    Same concept as some of these solar projects. One in particular in Jasper county clearcut and cleared 1000 or so acres of mostly longleaf habitat with gopher tortoises for a solar farm. Captured the tortoises and shipped them off to a little preserve they created. All in the name of “clean energy” sounds environmentally friendly huh. Liberals only look at 1 side… their side.

As to the kids I guess they figure they can secure the whole next generation to their ideas by just getting into schools. It’s scary. My daughter is young and in church preschool now but my wife and I talk almost daily about what we are going to do when first grade time comes.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    What was your response?
    Raised hell with teacher and principal. They denied it. Until I emailed all them screen shots of the literal captions on the videos talking about white privilege

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Raised hell with teacher and principal. They denied it. Until I emailed all them screen shots of the literal captions on the videos talking about white privilege
    You should have followed up by telling them how proud you are to be a straight, white male because of all the extraordinary things our ancestors have designed, built, invented, and taught over the past few centuries. I'm so tired of this narrative about privilege and that we should feel some sort of guilt about who we are.

Any sort of privilege, or lack thereof, based on race is an absolute load of bovine feces. Someone lucky enough to be born into a connected and/or wealthy family certainly has some advantages in life but that is completely unrelated to race.

Lebron James's kids have a heck of a lot more privilege than a poor white kid from the hollers of West Virginia with drug addicts for parents.

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Same concept as some of these solar projects. One in particular in Jasper county clearcut and cleared 1000 or so acres of mostly longleaf habitat with gopher tortoises for a solar farm. Captured the tortoises and shipped them off to a little preserve they created. All in the name of “clean energy” sounds environmentally friendly huh. Liberals only look at 1 side… their side.

As to the kids I guess they figure they can secure the whole next generation to their ideas by just getting into schools. It’s scary. My daughter is young and in church preschool now but my wife and I talk almost daily about what we are going to do when first grade time comes.
    I've been making this same argument for years. Are we really helping the environment by destroying perfectly functional ecosystems and turning it into an ecological desert covered in solar panels? Or are we just helping the Chinese companies that make those panels?

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post

I concur as well. Makes you think hard about how much oxygen is made and CO2 removed by one acre of trees, and how trees cool the environment. Now we throw solar panels in without grass underneath them, destroy the ecosystem, and they have to increase the air temp around them, all for clean energy.

I beleive there is a place for them, but not clear cutting trees and destorying natural eco-systems for them.

On another note regarding the vegans, was at a wedding this weekend, wifes cousin...

He is vegan because of his new bride, and the Bestman did make a statement about be "environmentally conscious" regarding his new diet.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 08-25-2023 at 12:35 PM.

I'm going to eat a bloody steak tonight.

Sorry, that's all I got...

Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 08-25-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    No wonder private schools are thriving.

My son just started middle school. While we haven't had to face any left wing nutbag teachers trying to indoctrinate, Holleman has not been outside for one minute so far this school year (3 days). According to him and the word going around in the school, lunch is 30 minutes and does not include recess; the only time that they might get to go outside and chill for a moment is during homeroom, and it will be up to the homeroom teacher to decide whether or not to go outside. I asked him what lunch is like, since most of the kids are done eating in 5 or ten minutes...I asked him what they did once they were done eating, and he said, "everyone just sits inside looking at and playing on their phones." Holleman does not have a phone yet and he won't until he needs one. That said, why-TF are they letting middle school kids carry phones around with them all day? Emergencies can be handled through the office. Anyhoo...I'm going to give it another week to make sure the word going around is actually true. If so, I'm going to have a jolly-good time with the principal discussing the decision to keep kid's from going outside for a few minutes each day while encouraging them to sit inside and play on their mobile devices. Oh yes, I will thoroughly enjoy it, will certainly record it, and if it goes down, I'll post it here first for your enjoyment.

No recess is pretty standard for middle school. We hung out in the courtyard after drop off until home room started, but that was it.
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-25-2023 at 05:32 PM.

i wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong