Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have hogs for the first time. Pretty disappointed.

Default I have hogs for the first time. Pretty disappointed.

Chester County, Cornwell Road, west of 321 and Blackstock. Obviously I have known they were close for a while but this weekend I saw a big wallow and rut out near Big Creek that is absolutely hogs for the first time ever. We have owned the property for a long time. Pretty disappointed. Hopefully they were just moving through but still dang. They have arrived. I have chufa too which probably doesn’t help.

Prayers sent...

image6382(2).jpg
    We get them from time to time. They will just follow the food, devour it then move on. Eventually I feel like they backtrack. This is called "shady patch" that we just threw on the ground as a test run. It had been on the ground a little over a week when the hogs found it. Destroyed it and haven't seen them back on camera since then. This is in McCormick
    every expert was once a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by SCBUCKSLAYER View Post
    Chester County, Cornwell Road, west of 321 and Blackstock. Obviously I have known they were close for a while but this weekend I saw a big wallow and rut out near Big Creek that is absolutely hogs for the first time ever. We have owned the property for a long time. Pretty disappointed. Hopefully they were just moving through but still dang. They have arrived. I have chufa too which probably doesn’t help.

Dang. You are like within a mile of me and Shortmagfan. We have had them on and off for 3 or 4 years now. The first one I saw in that area was back around 2013.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Hit them hard and quick.

They do not like pressure, put it to them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Dang. You are like within a mile of me and Shortmagfan. We have had them on and off for 3 or 4 years now. The first one I saw in that area was back around 2013.
    And i have a bunch of chufa in the ground so expect them to show back up this fall. We got them all trapped about 18 months ago except one lone boar, and he hasn't been on camera since early February.

A pig brig is your friend if you really don't want them. We have 2 we use in our immediate area and you can trap most of them in a couple weeks of you put your mind to it.

Pig Brig
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sorry to hear it. I say make lemonade out of the lemons, but with hogs, it’s more like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 08-31-2023 at 12:56 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Had pigs first show up on us about 8years ago southwest of blackstock. We don’t use corn or feeders but seems everybody else does. They root some and pass through. Chester and Fairfield are timber/hunting counties and I believe the pigs exploded when baiting became the standard

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Sorry to hear it. I say make lemonade out of the lemons, but with hogs, it’s more like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
    There is no lemonade or chicken salad to be had here. Only sour grapes and chickenshit
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Good luck....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Had pigs first show up on us about 8years ago southwest of blackstock. We don’t use corn or feeders but seems everybody else does. They root some and pass through. Chester and Fairfield are timber/hunting counties and I believe the pigs exploded when baiting became the standard
    I’d have to agree. I don’t really know if anyone in Chester or Fairfield county that had them prior to 2012.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Don't put out any corn for a while. They will camp out at your neighbors. The deer will stay put.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Good advice on laying off the corn. If you do use it, don’t use a spinner, use a gravity feeder. They will turn them over so use some T-posts to anchor them. They are a nuisance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I’d have to agree. I don’t really know if anyone in Chester or Fairfield county that had them prior to 2012.
    nah, I been hog dogging in chester/fairfield way before that.
    Windows Down!

Too many of you yahoos are way too close to my slice of Heaven in Blackstock.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Pick an ambush spot.

Put corn out and get them eating in the daylight.

Get a buddy or 3 and walk up on them, shooting center mass with buckshot..

Or, buy a pig brig..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Damn free grazers.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Anybody having success fencing in a feeder? Tired of feeding hogs