Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heat index is bullshit

I've only had it jump on me one time. I had worked three 12 hour night shifts in a row, got off Monday morning and jumped on the boat at 8am. We fished til about 3pm and I had a red bull and about 7 miller lights. We went to dinner that night with friends and I couldn't even eat I was so sick, it just hit like a train. By the time we got home I was shivering and sweating and drinking as much Gatorade and water as I could stomach. After some good sleep It turned around.

That being said I've worked out in it my whole life, and 12 years of it wearing long sleeves and a Kevlar vest. I take it much more serious these days, but as a kid I don't ever remember flinching. even in the attics and crawlspaces working with my old man.

It can get you even if you are accustomed to working outside. Had a fellow driver at UPS yesterday go down here in Charleston. A cop found him slumped over his steering wheel in a gas station parking lot. He’s lucky he fell out in the cab where someone could see him and not in the cargo area. Hospital released him late last night. Older driver in his 50’s. It can jump on you quick.