Thread: Zebra Tapestry

Default Zebra Tapestry

So, I really don't like "form" taxidermy and really was planning only digital taxidermy from Africa. But I got talked into keeping a couple of skulls and skins...This is just a proof of concept right now. I might just leave it, but the original plan was to hang a couple of floating books shelves in front of the skin where the zebra will create the back wall of the bookcase. But, I kind of like it as it is for now.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Leave it... hellacool.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I’d be more concerned about mixing plaid and stripes. It looks great as is, but the bookshelf backdrop is a good idea, as well. Depends on if you intend on it being the focal point for that particular wall. Without seeing the whole room I can’t really give you the most accurate opinion. If you’d like to discuss it more, we can speak privately about your vision for the entire space and my interior design fee.

Okay, joke’s over, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I’d be more concerned about mixing plaid and stripes. It looks great as is, but the bookshelf backdrop is a good idea, as well. Depends on if you intend on it being the focal point for that particular wall. Without seeing the whole room I can’t really give you the most accurate opinion. If you’d like to discuss it more, we can speak privately about your vision for the entire space and my interior design fee.

Okay, joke’s over, it looks good.
    I started this whole thread in the hopes you'd make that offer. Thanks, I'll work on some sketch ideas that you can review. We need to remember that we can't make it too masculine because we don't want to offend the SCDUCKers that aren't on the Trump Train.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

My grandfather had some bar stools made with zebra skin. They were not very comfortable from what I can remember. He also had a set of elephant made into short stools, they were hollow and had a wooden top that could be removed and store items inside. Had lots of small things made from the bones and horns, didn’t have much in terms of head mounts.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    My grandfather had some bar stools made with zebra skin. They were not very comfortable from what I can remember. He also had a set of elephant made into short stools, they were hollow and had a wooden top that could be removed and store items inside. Had lots of small things made from the bones and horns, didn’t have much in terms of head mounts.
    Part of my design for RH’s room is for him to return to Africa and kill an elephant so it can be turned into a sofa.

A walnut gun cabinet with this displayed in the background would be freaking amazing. As much glass as possible. Oh man I’d love to do something like that!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Hippo leather would be softer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton