Thread: Silver Minnow in Gtown Sunday

Default Silver Minnow in Gtown Sunday

Fished Gtown Sunday for Tarpon. Caught bait and was set up by 8:30. Had a hit and hook up around 9. Fish made one long run initially with the customary jumps. Gained the line back and then we spent more time running from him than after him He kept running to the boat and trying to get under it. Some fancy boat maneuvering kept the the boat behind him the best we could. After 22 minutes we were able to get him along the boat long enough to grab the leader and be able to hold it to break it off. Almost hate that I will be fishing the Mid Atlantic Billfish Tourney this year and miss the Tarpon tourney. This got me fired up. First trip and our first catch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Nice!

Sweet

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Very nice!
    When they are doing the boatside stalemate and gulping air, pull back low and hard directly against them and roll them, watch for the bubbles to come out. Will cut that fight time down further.

Been seeing good numbers every trip for them in Charleston county, hooked into a few but haven’t put my hands on one yet this season. Should only be getting better.

Damned nice. I'll be there all next week.

Cool indeed.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Awesome.

Serious question. Do folks eat Tarpon or are they just fished for the fight of a giant herring?

The second one.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

minus the herring reference...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

just a giant mullet that's really hard to catch for the average joe.

Well done!

Jumped one off today. Much bigger than last weeks. Hit a 3 inch pogy. Was resetting another rod. Was moving to the back of the boat after casting and saw the first rod line cutting across the back. Yelled to my brother fish on. Before he could get to the rod, he jumped and when he landed pulled the hook. Circle hook never had a chance to set. There are some mondo sized lady fish out there crushing bait pods too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Glad to hear you are on them

Those lady’s are great bait too

My eats this year have been on artificials so far

That’s cool. Nice work.