Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Advice

Default Watch Advice

Looking for a new watch. Looking at Luminox, Seiko, Tag and Citizen. Any help would be appreciated. Looking at dive models FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a Luminox and 6 Citizens, never had an issue with any of them. I beat the heck out of one of the Citizens daily, never misses a beat. I’ve had 3-4 Seikos, all of them broke in less than a year. Never had a Tag so can’t help there.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

How much are you looking to spend? Look up Ball watches and look at their dive models. I have 1 and it's, in my opinion, a better made watch than a Rolex. Plus they are not quite as pricey as a Rolex either.
    I have a Citizen eco-drive that finally died after about 15 years and I need to get it fixed, great watch for not a lot of money.
    every expert was once a beginner

Thanks for the info!!

Second on the Ball watches

Thanks!

20230629_023532.jpg
    This is believe is their engineer master II diver, but I'm sure they have introduced newer styles since I bought mine 10+ years ago.
    every expert was once a beginner

I have a couple Luminox and they’re ok. One loses time a little. I think you can get better watches out there for the money.

I bought this Helm from DC off the trading post and I’ve been very impressed. I beat the crap out of my watches and it’s holding up great. I just can’t make myself spend a lot of money on a watch. Every time I get the high dolla watch itch, I seem to go buy more guns and ammo.

https://helmwatches.com/watches.html

IMG_8517.jpg

Glad you’re enjoying the watch

I need to fine another “nice” watch for occasional use. My only dislike with that watch was I didn’t wear it enough to keep the movement activated and had to wind it every time I went to wear it
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Breitling SuperOcean

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Glad you’re enjoying the watch

I need to fine another “nice” watch for occasional use. My only dislike with that watch was I didn’t wear it enough to keep the movement activated and had to wind it every time I went to wear it
    Watch winder.

I enjoy the Citizen Eco-Drives just for the purposes of no batteries. Then the perpetual calender is nice, so your time is never wrong unless you box it up in a move and forget about it for months. I have three of them, one is over 10 years old, that is the one that I need to send back. (Thanks for the reminder)

The black one I have had for seven years and wear it daily at work (public safety) and hunt club. Only replaced the band once.

The leather one, I recently received as a gift as I was looking for a formal dress watch.

As Troy said, citizens are great watches for their prices.

watch copy.jpg

I bought my woman a Tag Aquaracer. She loves it.

My Explorer II has been steady for 22 years. Serviced twice. I haven't found the need for something else. New ones are double in price.. If I buy something else, it will be an Omega.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

My Explorer II has been steady for 22 years. Serviced twice. I haven't found the need for something else. New ones are double in price.. If I buy something else, it will be an Omega.
    I have been looking at a Explorer II. My Omega cant keep time to save its life. I'll wear it for 2 weeks and for 1 week it will be on time then the next week it will be anywhere from 25 minutes to 5+ hours off or maybe even a day or two(with no end of the month change). The more I wear it the worse it is at keeping time. I've been wearing either a hook and gaff or Filson watch recently just so I can know the actual time

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    I have been looking at a Explorer II. My Omega cant keep time to save its life. I'll wear it for 2 weeks and for 1 week it will be on time then the next week it will be anywhere from 25 minutes to 5+ hours off or maybe even a day or two(with no end of the month change). The more I wear it the worse it is at keeping time. I've been wearing either a hook and gaff or Filson watch recently just so I can know the actual time
    Good to know. I will take an Omega off the list.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I've been looking at getting a little nicer mechanical watch for a while. Check out Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Good to know. I will take an Omega off the list.
    Omega is a good watch and keeps time with the best of them. If it’s not it needs serviced. OP mentions Citizen,Seiko,Luminox etc- talking about Omega, Rolex is a completely different price point and not in the same ballpark. Citizen makes a good watch at an affordable price.

I have a Samsung galaxy that works pretty good, then an old timex I bought when I was still in the Army. I use it during duck season. It's cumbersome trying to dig around for a phone when looking for legal light.

Tag Aquaracer
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I will mention also that my Omega is a Quartz movement(battery) and not autmoatic