Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Pitts WMA?

Default Cliff Pitts WMA Shooting?

Just heard through the grapevine that a hunter was shot and killed today. Anyone know anything?
    Last edited by CantCareSB; 04-06-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

I've heard the same. Haven't seen any details about it.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Wow that's awful. Can't find anything on the web about it. Is the rumor that it was a hunting accident or a confrontation gone bad? Not that it makes the situation any better or worse, just curious.

Rumor is hunting accident.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Well I guess it's not just a rumor anymore. Man that's terrible.

Most of the turkey hunting accidents that I know of involve decoys. One of many reasons you'll never see me using one. Especially these days with people taking 75 yard TSS shots at birds.

TSS + dumb people + strutter decoys = high level of danger

Terrible. A full strut decoy got shot in the grove when I was at Clemson. It is routine to see full strut or male decoys proudly displayed in hero shots on Facebook with the caption "WMA gobby down!"

Terrible. As an aside, Just say no to decoys
    Last edited by BRR; 04-06-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Terrible. A full strut decoy got shot in the grove when I was at Clemson. It is routine to see full strut or male decoys proudly displayed in hero shots on Facebook with the caption "WMA gobby down!"
    Most of them guys couldn't kill a turkey without a full strut decoy. But with ethical concerns aside, this is a major safety issue. Especially in the days of 75+ yard TSS shots as I stated above.

Some guy sitting in full camo 10-20 yds behind a stutter decoy is putting himself in danger. The tradition of hunting, unfortunately, attracts a lot of low IQ people. That's why every single WMA sign you've ever seen has bullet holes in it. Smart people don't do that sort of thing. They're the kind of person to not realize that "gobbler" that isn't moving isn't doing so because they're so good at sneaking. Then they take a shot at it.

I guess we don't know all the details about what happened yet but being that I rarely run into a turkey hunter without decoys, it's safe to assume that is what led to this horrible incident.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 04-06-2023 at 10:23 AM.

So we, collective we, as individual rights and freedom loving Americans, allegedly, are going to blame an inanimate object with no autonomy, brain and ability to make decisions but not the man behind the gun?

Why not blame the gun too while we're at it?

For a group that likes to dog on liberals, y'all call liberal pretty hard when it suits your needs.

I saw a guy pulling a wagon full of turkey hunting stuff on a WMA last Saturday. Literally...pulling a camo wagon! I laughed out loud.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    So we, collective we, as individual rights and freedom loving Americans, allegedly, are going to blame an inanimate object with no autonomy, brain and ability to make decisions but not the man behind the gun?

For a group that likes to dog on liberals, y'all call liberal pretty hard when it suits your needs.
    When they don’t even know for sure a decoy was involved yet

Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll be surprised if it wasn’t but other than saying it’s a terrible situation I’ll withhold further comment til I know the facts
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Well if you can't beat em, join em. Only hope to get turkey decoys banned as they should be, is probably the same way the flag was taken down at the state house.......with a knee jerk reaction.....

A fellow hunter is no longer with us. Possibly leaving behind a wife, children, grandchildren, who knows. And y’all are discussing his possible use of strutter decoys….embarrassing
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post

Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll be surprised if it wasn’t but other than saying it’s a terrible situation I’ll withhold further comment til I know the facts
    Even if it was, who cares?!

Fact are this; 1) A man is dead. 2) Another is dealing with having made that happen. 3) Basic laws of gun safety were violated by an individual and he/she will have to live with that forever.

We have lost the war because the enemy has succeeded in us losing our humanity and it is sad to see. Especially from self proclaimed Christian conservatives. Unreal.

I guess I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. Wasn't intending to turn it into this, just making mention that most turkey hunting accidents I'd read about involved shooting at decoys and that's one reason I don't use them.

Let's forget that part, this is a horrible story and I pray for the family of the lost man as well as the person who has to live with the mistake made.

I've read that most hunting accidents happen because of people. Let's get rid of them.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

IMO, turkey season brings out the worst habits of folks hunting public land. I gave up hunting wma gobblers years ago for all the running and gunning woods spooking dorfs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post

It's no different than everytime someone mentions something getting stolen everyone starts yelling methhead.
    Don't know what happened but it's a sad situation none the less.

Even if it was, who cares?!

Fact are this; 1) A man is dead. 2) Another is dealing with having made that happen. 3) Basic laws of gun safety were violated by an individual and he/she will have to live with that forever.

We have lost the war because the enemy has succeeded in us losing our humanity and it is sad to see. Especially from self proclaimed Christian conservatives. Unreal.
    People knee-jerk react. Not saying it's right, and I've already admitted I shouldn't have started discussing the topic, but I don't think my Christianity, nor anyone else's, should be in question over it.

If my Christianity was in question every time I did something wrong then I'm destined for Hell. This Sunday we get to celebrate the reason I'm not!