Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DT and Constitutional Carry

SW338 hit the nail on the head about Rankin being a Democrat.

I was wondering why DT wouldn't name him.
    Last edited by Hogg; 02-09-2024 at 10:04 AM.
    DILLIGAF

Luke Rankin is a disgrace to Horry county.

So, what's the play here? Call / email your senator? What else can we do to encourage a vote in the senate?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    do you really think your rep needs to know south carolinians want to continue their right to bear arms? .
    Continue? That's not what's at question here. Fuck! Thanks for your support...of something...I guess.

Campsen needs to go, he’s terrible for SC
    Windows Down!

i sure as hell aint calling anyone.
    hell, i forgot to call rp back all weekend....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Continue? That's not what's at question here. Fuck! Thanks for your support...of something...I guess.
    i'm trying

but I still dont understand the emailing and calling of senators on this bill. DT even admitted it but no one caught it. You think they keep score of pro and con emails and then go vote based off that?
    No....no, they dont.

they vote to the highest bidder or who can pay the favor of their vote back later
    Y'all are funny

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    they vote to the highest bidder or who can pay the favor of their vote back later
    Y'all are funny
    Surely you jest?

While normally I agree with you. I seriously think there are some ugly heads of racism rearing its ugly head.

I generally do not buy into the whole he or she is a racist or nazi.

I do think in this instance some of the LEO complaining, and especially some of the particular senators behind the scenes rooting to kill this are in fact doing it to keep the evil scary black man from possibly having a pistol in their pocket.

Now again, any self respecting criminal isn't gonna wake up and worry about what the SC statue is regarding whatever carry or murder for that matter.

But the good men and women of all colors, and creeds will.

There is a bunch of people against this bill, because they do not feel like they will have power or perceived power over certain classes if a piece of legislation is passed or not.

I hate to even say that, but it is the truth.

If it isn't that please explain to me what it is. I have yet to hear a valid reason to keep infringing on a God given right.

Because a senator or cop is scared of a Bob Marley looking gentleman who may have 3 law degrees and a medical doctrine happens to be carrying a pistol in his pocket because he is afraid of a white guy driving a pick up truck looking to rob him and take his money to by meth is a real scenario that will be over looked for the vanity of the senator, or the perceived safety of the LEO.

This whole they have to be trained is ridiculous. The very first militia this nation ever saw that was mustard to protect the colonies from the largest army the world had ever seen at that time, had no training. Many were drunk. Some had never even held a rifle, and there was a whole lot more to loading a musket than how to handle a Glock, and there wasn't you tube either.

There are plenty of online training classes for free, if one wants it.

But wait that takes away the power.........

Yea that is sorta the idea!!!!

Power to the People Yo!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Ironically, I got this in an email the other day. I have been following the thread but withheld from commenting. It seems like they are championing the permit-less bill, added law, and free classes.

"2nd Amendment - After years of evaluation and research, permit-less carry bills have passed both chambers of the South Carolina General Assembly. The Senate version allows any adult who can legally possess a firearm to carry without a permit. It keeps in place the current concealed weapons permit for those who want it or would like the ability to carry in a reciprocal state. Further, it also adds a state felon-in-possession charge to our statutes, increases penalties for firearm violations and crimes conducted with firearms. Although I am awaiting confirmation, I believe that under the Senate version South Carolina becomes the first state in the nation to provide firearm training to any citizen 18+ that desires it. I have always been both a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a proponent of public safety and training. There has been a great deal of misinformation disseminated on this issue, mainly by those more interested in fundraising than facts. If you would like a detailed summary of the bill, let me know here and I will be happy to send you more information. - Passed By The Senate" - Senator Sean Bennett
    Last edited by TJ_11; 02-12-2024 at 12:03 PM.

Your Rep doesn't give one shit about how you think he should vote on anything

not what DT said....

I'd like to see the "training " course. When I took the CWP course there was NO handgun "training".